O Children • Chapter 44

Chapter Forty-Four

Y/n's P.O.V

"Y/n I know it sucks right now but it'll get better I promise" he sighed moving to sit down next to me.

"How long until what you're saying is true?" I asked turning to him. "I don't know." he responded quietly.

*

I sat against the wall, leaning my head back.

I grabbed a piece of wood that was lying next to Draco's bed and marked a line on the wall, like I've been doing for the past few weeks which quickly turned into a months.

I sighed pulling on my locket and watched as the color changed.

I opened it and saw a desk filled with papers.

Guess my dad was doing paperwork, how boring. "I know you're watching Y/n" he muttered as he wrote some things down. I laughed quietly. "I wish I could talk to you..." I whispered to myself.

"I know what you're thinking sweetheart but magic can only go so far." It was like he could read my mind.

I huffed before giving one last look, closing the locket giving it a small tug once again turning it back to its original color.

I miss you dad.

I looked out the window trying my best to admire the scenery but I found it hard. The house was surrounded by a dark gloom which had never really seemed to go away.

How much longer will it be now?

I want everything to go back to normal but it didn't really seem like my wishes would be granted anytime soon.

I heard the door open and I turned to see Draco walk in with a small box. I squinted and saw that it was a radio. He turned it on and a soft hum began to play.

He walked over to me, stretching his hand out. I scoffed quietly letting out a small smile.

I connected his hand with mine as he pulled me up towards his chest.

He walked us to the middle of the room and started swaying me in his arms. The song "O Children" played as we danced like we were the only two people in the world.

I leaned my head on his chest and he leaned his on top of mine.

I felt his chest vibrate as he hummed softly to the song, making me grin. I was so in love with this boy.

Forgetting about our situation completely I let the music take us away and ease our minds.

I'm hanging in their don't you see.
In this process of elimination.
Hey little train, we are all jumping on.
The train that goes to the Kingdom.
We're happy, we're having fun.
It's beyond my wildest expectation.

He swayed me for what felt like eternity.

I wish we could stay like this forever but the music on the radio soon began to fade away and was replaced once again by the news.

Little did the pair know two kids across the country where doing the same exact thing.

This is a short chapter but just because I wanted to give you guys a little something before I post tmmrw! Thank you so much for the support! Love you guys! Don't forget to leave a vote/comment!🤍