Stay with me • Chapter 56

Chapter Fifty-Six

Y/n's P.O.V

I nodded agreeing with her as we turned walking back in the same direction we came. Only this time an unpleasant feeling settled in our stomachs.

*

"How is he doing?" I asked the boys as Emaline and I walked into the smaller building.

"I'm fine Y/n" my dad said slowly while sitting up. "Great." I smiled softly. "You guys have to go now." He told the four of us.

"What why?" Emaline asked. "The death eaters. They are coming back, you can't stay here and I can't leave." he explained leaning onto the wall for support.

"I'll stay here to watch over him."

"I'll stay here too." Blaise and Emaline suggested.

"I can stay here guys." I tried telling them. "Can I talk to Y/n for a minute...alone?" my dad asked.

The other three nodded before walking to the other side of the building. "You have to go with Draco. Stay with him." He said in a serious tone. "But you just- I can stay here with you. Emaline and Blaise can go with him." I insisted.

"They don't have the same affect that you have on him darling and you know that."

I knew what he meant, but that didn't make me want to leave him any less. I just got him back after all.

I nodded.

"Go." was the last thing I heard before getting up, linking hands with Draco and walking out of the building, waving bye.

"I'm proud of you." I heard Draco say from beside me as we walked past broken rocks and cracked walls.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You stayed strong throughout everything that was happening." he explained. "I couldn't have done that without you." I replied nudging his side lightly as we continued to walk.

We finally made it to the front of the school and saw Neville kicking some of the rubble on the ground.

"Hey" I spoke softly. Neville looked up and smiled slightly.

"Hey Y/n" I saw his eyes widen and I gave him a confused look. I turned around to see what was happening and a small gasp escaped my throat.

I moved behind Draco as I saw the death eaters coming our way. "Draco." I whispered.

"I know." he answered. Everyone began coming out and walking towards us.

"Potter?" Draco whispered, shocked.

That's when I noticed Hagrid carrying Harry. He can't be. No he isn't dead, right?

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort yelled as if reading my thoughts.

I felt my face go pale.

"No! No!" Ginny screamed trying to run towards him but only being pulled back by her father.

"From this day forth you put your faith in me. Time to declare yourselves. Come forth and join us or die" he laughed.

"Draco aren't your parents over there?" I whispered to him. He nodded slowly looking down. "Draco!" Lucious called out. He looked at me.

I can tell he was scared. "Don't" I whispered. Everyone turned to look at the boy.

"Draco" his mother called out softly. I saw him shift slightly. I knew he wanted to go.

Not for the reasons everyone believed though.

Before he even had time to think I locked his hand with mine. "Stay with me."

"Snape!" I heard the cold blooded voice call out. I turned to him glaring. "Join us. You two really have no choice now, do you?" Voldemort chuckled.

"Actually we do." I responded shaking my head.

He shook his head annoyed. A noise made everyone turn there heads. Harry was now on the floor out of Hagrid's arms.

I smiled looking at him run from Voldemort as death eaters began to disappear one by one. Although, a handful stayed to fight. Everyone ran inside the school preparing themselves for battle once again.

Yet, this time with lifted spirts.

"Wait!" Draco yelled out stopping me.

"Wha-" I was cut off as he pressed his lips on mine. I melted in his arms as we moved our lips in sync. I pulled away with a light blush on my cheeks.

"Y/n you have no idea how much I love you." Draco told me with a small chuckle.

"Why are you saying that like it's the last time?" I asked the boy with a grin as I pulled him, continuing to walk.

"By the way...I love you too, but you could really learn how to keep your guard up." I added as I shot a spell towards a man who was behind him.

Draco stumbled wide eyed. "Yeah your right." he nodded as we turned seeing a group of death eaters closing in on us.

"You have your mom's wand right?" I asked. 
"That I do."

"Good you're gonna need it." I sighed.

This story is almost coming to an end! Thank you to those who stayed with me the whole way! I love you guys endlessly! Don't forget to leave a vote and a comment! 🤍