Murmers • Chapter 45

Chapter Forty-Five

Y/n's P.O.V

He swayed me for what felt like eternity.

I wish we could stay like this forever but the music on the radio soon began to fade away and was replaced once again by the news.

Little did the pair know two kids across the country where doing the same exact thing.

*

Draco burst in the dining room with a grin on his face. I gave him a confused look.

"I have amazing news!" he cheered. "Oh you do now?" I chuckled continuing to eat the bowl of crackers I grabbed from the kitchen.

"It won't be too long now." he sat down next to me. I frowned.

"And how is that good news Draco?" I asked the boy. His smile dropped. "You want to see you dad, don't you?" he replied.

"I do trust me, but not like this." I huffed playing with the plate in my hands. "Y/n come on let's go.." he stood up quickly, reaching out to grab my hand. I hesitated before linking mine with his.

He was about to lead me out the door, but we were stopped.

"Where do you two think you're going?" I heard the deep voice of Draco's father call out. "Relax Lucius I'm sure Draco was just taking her out to the back." Narcissa scolded the man.

Draco nodded before pulling me outside.

The cold wind felt like blades being pressed against my skin.

"Here" Draco noticed taking off his jacket and placing it over my shoulders. "What a gentlemen" I joked making him roll his eyes.

"Why did you bring me out here?" I asked curiously as we walked through the many paths around the manor. "Just thought you might want so fresh air considering your in my room more than half of the time" he replied turning to me.

Our hands brushed against each others ever so often.

Both of us too shy to grab the others.

"You know I asked you out around this time last year" Draco smirks. "Yeah whatever, tomorrow to be exact" I whispered the last part.

"One year of being with the handsomest guy at Hogwarts" he winks, after what felt like eternity he connected his hand with mine.

"Whatever makes you happy Malfoy" I giggled before running off, causing him to chuckle and chase after me.

We ran and played for what felt like hours.

As if we were little kids again with no care in the word. He eventually caught up to me, tackling the both of us to the ground.

"Ahh get off of me, you're heavy" I groaned pushing him playfully.

"I am not" he said offended.

I laughed as he helped me up, dusting off the snow that was on my clothes. "I love you" I heard him say under his breath.

I snapped my attention back to him.

It wasn't the first time he told me this, but I still felt butterflies.

I blushed looking down. "I love you too" I replied. He pulled me into him and slowly rocked us side to side. He placed a soft, delicate kiss on my forehead as we leaned against the brick wall.

I heard murmurs making me pull away from Draco's grasp.

"Did you hear that?" I asked him. "Hear what?" he asked. I leaned my ear against the brick wall again and heard the same whispers.

"Shush listen" I pressed his head next to mine.

His eyes widened before shutting quickly. "Who's in there?" I asked him, glaring ever so slightly.

"I have no idea" he responded in defense. "Draco" I hissed. "I'm serious" he tried again.

I glared at him once again. "Fine fine. Mom and dad are holding some people captive but I have no idea who they are...I promise." he gave me a weak smile.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" I asked him groaning.

"I didn't think it was important" he fought back.

Funny, I thought. How a moment that felt so surreal could turn into something so dreadful.

"Y/n where are we going?" he complained as I dragged him back into the house.

"We have to figure out who is down there!" I whisper yelled as we walked in.

"If my parents ever find out, chances are both of us will be put down their with them." he states. "I'm taking that chance, but it's fine if you don't want to." I tell him in a softer tone.

I begin to walk away but I feel my hand being pulled back. "Your crazy." he sighs. I smile knowing what he's about to say.

"Of course I'm going to help you" he finishes, making me squeal quietly.

I hope you guys enjoyed this!!! I am so sorry for not posting for a while:( School has been a real struggle and it kept me busy. I will be posting more frequently so yayy! Thank you for all the support and like always like a comment/vote!🤍