Second Task • Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

Y/n's P.O.V

"Hey you uhm go on without me." I told her with a small smile. "Alright don't take forever." she told me walking ahead.

I turned back around running inside the library.

"Oh hey Y/n" Ron said standing up to give me a hug. "Hey, thank god you're here at least something is keeping Ron awake." Hermione replied with a small giggle.

"What's up with you guys?" I asked them.

"Trying to figure out the next task for the Tournament" Harry sighed putting his head on the table.

"What do you have so far?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "Come seek us where our voices sound" "The black lake" I told them with a nod.

"Yes that's what we thought too!" Hermione said moving next to me.

"An hour long you'll have to lurk" he finished. "Pretty obvious don't you think." I told the boy. He nodded with a groan.

"How am I supposed to stay under water for an hour?" He complained.

"Just think about it, ask Neville he's perfect in herbology." I told the group before walking out and heading to go meet with my friends.

"Where were you?" Draco asked.

"Oh just picking up some books I needed for class." I smiled softly.

"Y/n Snape" I heard my name being called out. "Yes Professor McGonagall" I answered. "Come to my office please." she smiled.

I nodded following her out and waving bye to my friends.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked nervously. "Far from it." We entered her office and I saw three other people already in there. Hermione, Fleur's sister, and Ron. I looked at them confused and they gave me the same look back.

"Okay everyone, I'm not going to say too much but It'll all make sense later on I promise." she told us before firing a spell at us.

*

"Hey have you guys seen Y/n?" Emaline asked running to the boys as the three walked to find a good spot to watch the tournament from.

"No maybe she decided not to come." Blaise told the girl.

"She wouldn't miss seeing Cedric compete." She huffed.

"Why is there something going on between them?" Draco asked. "Why do you care?" Em added with a laugh. "Just asking." he muttered as they stood watching the four contestants.

From where they stood they could hear and see everything that was happening. After all they were at the very bottom.

Emaline turned and saw a very worried looking Professor Snape. She brushed it off and turned her attention to the front.

"Welcome to the second task!" A loud voice boomed over the crowd.

"Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasure, one for each champion, now lie at the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough: except for this, they will only have one hour to complete the task." the loud voice said.

"What do you think Cedric's is?" Blaise asked. 

"Probably his hair brush." Draco mocked as the boys laughed.

"Won't you two shut up, I'm trying to hear." Emaline shushed them. "You may begin at the sound of the cannon." BOOM! Emaline cheered with the boys, clapping.

"Seriously I can't believe Y/n is missing out on this." Emaline told the two.

Yayyy! Chapter 17 done! Leave a comment/vote!🤍