zero

PROLOGUE
HOLLYWOOD 1995 📍

"ONE, TWO, THREE!" Alex screamed as Luke began singing

"ONE, TWO, THREE!" Alex screamed as Luke began singing. The band was practicing for the biggest gig of their lives and were all practically bouncing with excitement as they practiced.

Andy smiled at her friends as she stood at the keyboard. She was on the cello for most songs but the ones that didn't require it, she'd play the keyboard and sing backup vocals. It was always strange to outsiders, a rock band with a cello player, but the band thought bringing in a classical touch would make their music stand out in the crowd, they were right.

It was obvious that Andy would be in the band as her brother was the lead singer and she was musically trained. The girl also helped the boys settle arguments and was the one constantly making sure they were going where they needed to go when they needed to, without her they'd probably never make it to a gig on time.

Andy laughed as the group played, Reggie putting his back to her side in a way to try and look edgy. The girl rolled her eyes, knowing going back to back with the keyboard player wasn't exactly the most edgy thing one could do.

It was easy being in Sunset Curve. Everyone got along well and their personalities balanced each other out. Luke was the leader, Alex was the one who was in touch with their emotions, Bobby was the flirt, Reggie was the comic relief, and Andy was the sarcastic one.

They all had their role and they all played it well but what they did best was play music, together.

Once they had finished, the sound team around clapped and cheered for the band. Andy's attention was caught by an unknown girl cheering for the group too.

Reggie went to his mic. "Thank you! We're Sunset Curve!" He winked before catching Andy's shoulders under his arm, making the girl squirm. "Reg get off you smell."

Reggie kept his arm around her. "It's called hard work baby." Andy rolled her eyes and pushed his arm off her. Bobby sighed. "Too bad we wasted the tightest we've played on sound check!"

Luke looked out onto where the crowd would be. "Wait until tonight, man, when this place gets packed with record execs."

Andy smiled as she pat her brother on the back and Reggie looked at Alex. "Alex, you were smoking." Alex shook his head a bit. "Oh no. I was just warming up. You guys were the ones on fire."

Andy gave the boy a frown while Reggie poked Alex's chest. "Could you just own your awesomeness for once?"

Alex looked to the rest of the band who nodded towards him. He smiled brightly. "All right, I was killing it."