twenty four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

ANDY LOOKED AT THE CLOCK

ANDY LOOKED AT THE CLOCK. it was time for the band to go on stage with julie, but alas, they were trapped playing what felt like elevator music for a crowd of people while caleb went around conversing.

the ghosts didn't have any way of leaving. they were trapped at their instruments and it was starting to go from annoying to worrying.

andy turned to alex, her arms never stopping the music, "we need to find a way out of here! julie is counting on us."

alex nodded, trying to move and failing, "i know! get reggie and luke over here."

andy nodded and turned her attention to the two boys, who looked to be having a similar conversation.

andy made eye contact with reggie and used her head to usher him and luke over. reggie nodded towards her before he and luke made their way over, neither stopped playing once.

"what do we do?" yelled alex over the music. "i- i don't know! i don't even know if we can ever stop." replied luke, scrunching up his face at his hands which wouldn't stop playing.

"what if we tried poofing to julie? it's worth a shot right? i mean- shes at the orpheum alone!" spoke andy, having to turn an uncomfortable way to see all the boys at once.

"are you sure it's worth the try?" questioned luke, looking at his sister for what to do. andy nodded, "at this point, anything is worth a try!"

luke nodded and andy turned to alex, "you try first!" alex nodded before concentrating as hard as he could.

alex looked at andy with sadness in his eyes, feeling as if he was unable to do it. andy bit her lip, "alex you can do it! just- just think about where you want to go, who you want to be with, and do it."

alex nodded again and took a deep breath, his mind wandering away from the problem they were facing to people he loved.

he thought of willie and how he wanted to help the boy escape caleb, he thought of julie and how she needed the band, and he thought of his three friends who were watching him and where begging for him to pull through.

before alex thought any harder, lukes voice took him back, "guys, if we do make it to julie... we have to make her think we were able to cross over if we can't. we can't let her loose us in any way that isn't positive."

andy and reggie nodded, both sadly in agreement with the boy but their attention was taken back to alex when he was suddenly gone, and so where his drums.

andy laughed, "he did it! uh- reggie your turn hurry!"

reggie nodded before taking a leap of faith and planting a kiss on the girls cheek. andy bit her lip as her cheeks went red and reggie poofed out.