twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

"JULIE, WE ARE READY TO ROCK THIS DANCE, WHICH IS CLEARLY OVER

"JULIE, WE ARE READY TO ROCK THIS DANCE, WHICH IS CLEARLY OVER." stated reggie as the group ran into the now deserted gymnasium.

luke looked around but alex noticed julie and tapped lukes shoulder, making the boy look at the girl who was sitting on the floor glaring at the band.

she stood up and the group walked closer to her as luke spoke, "look, we are... so, so sorry that we bailed on you."

alex nodded, "yeah, i mean, the night really got away from us." reggie added, "dancing with-" and luke quicking cut him off with a slap.

julie sighed, "just please tell me it had nothing to do with you getting back at carrie's dad." the boys all started lying saying they wouldn't do that in very unconvincing tones as andy picked at her already chipped nail polish.

"seriously? you're lying to me?"

alex sighed, "okay, look, it was something we needed to do." luke added, "b-but we'll do whatever it takes. we'll play the next school-"

"what? another dance where you can bail on me and make me look like a fool? save it. you know what really sucks? our songs were good. and all four of you knew what i've been through, and how tough it's been for me to play, and then you do this? bands don't do that to each other. friends don't do that to each other. this was a mistake."

andy frowned, "julie come on." luke questioned, "you mean the school dance, right?"

julie shook her head, "no. i mean joining a band with all of you." she quickly ran off and luke tried to call out to her but it was no use.

"well, if... if julies not in the band, then..." frowned reggie and luke finished, "there is no band."

a shock wave was sent through andy's chest and seemingly the boys too as they all groaned in pain and hunched over.

"what was that?" questioned alex. reggie gasped out, "it felt like we were dying all over again."

"how can we die if we're already dead?" questioned luke and the group all looked at each other with shrugs and frowns.

they all poofed out and went back to the studio. andy took a quick seat on the couch, reggie sitting next to her as she tried to comprehend what had just happened.

julie quit the band and then they went through an immense pain... it had to all have been connected, she just didn't know how.

andy leaned back with a frown and reggie gave her a small nudge, "hey, uh, it'll be okay... she'll come around."

andy turned her head and gave the boy a small smile, "yeah... i hope. i guess now i just feel bad for luke, he worked so hard on those songs and they were stolen so quickly and then he really wanted this band to work and now it's over... and then, you know."