seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

IT HAD GONE DARK AND JULIE HAD A BUNCH OF CLASSMATES IN THE BACKYARD

IT HAD GONE DARK AND JULIE HAD A BUNCH OF CLASSMATES IN THE BACKYARD. andy smiled as she people watched before a presence was felt next to her. she turned her head and smiled as reggie grabbed her hand before winking, "i'm being subtle."

andy laughed, "no you are not, but it's okay."

reggie made a small fist of victory for himself as the two just stood there, in peace with just being around each other.

andy turned her attention when flynn introduced the band and julie stepped out and smiled at everyone as she took her seat at the piano, "thanks for coming, everyone."

julie took a deep breath before she began to sing. the band all got ready for their cue to come and once it did, julie stood up as andy took over on piano and the boys played in the back.

the crowd danced and luke went to go towards julie a bit but she turned away and he frowned.

the group did backing vocals for her before stopping as she finished up and luke took over singing.

luke motioned for julie to come over to him but she ignored him and began singing again looking out to the crowd as they sang together.

reggie moved over to luke and smiled before going back to his spot again. he moved forward a bit and smiled when andy's eye met his own, the girl smiling back at reggie as he made a face towards her while continuing to play.

andy rolled her eyes before going back to paying attention to the piano and julie used the open space next to andy to climb on top of said piano.

the group, besides luke, stopped as julie sang and he walked towards her just playing the guitar along with her vocals.

when she finally looked at him, luke smiled and the song picked back up, everyone else joining back in. julie stood on the piano as she hit a long note and the crowd cheered.

luke went back to his spot and julie hopped off the piano and sat next to andy with a smile before andy disappeared along with reggie and alex. luke quickly took andy's spot next to julie and the two stared at each other as they finished out the song, luke disappearing once it ended fully.

the crowd cheered for the group and julie stood, soaking in the applause.

everyone quickly began leaving while flynn, julie, carlos, and ray put the piano back in the studio before heading into the house.

reggie wrapped an arm around andy's shoulder as the group of ghosts stood outside not knowing what to do until alex grabbed a basketball and threw his friends a competitive smile.

the group agreed and luke took the ball before shooting it towards the hoop and making it. reggie whooped before questioning, "feels like we should be celebrating or something. what do you guys wanna do?"