six

CHAPTER SIX

ALEX STOOD PACING BACK AND FORTH IN THE STUDIO AS ANDY, LUKE, AND REGGIE WERE SAT ON THE COUCH JUST WATCHING

ALEX STOOD PACING BACK AND FORTH IN THE STUDIO AS ANDY, LUKE, AND REGGIE WERE SAT ON THE COUCH JUST WATCHING. andy was beginning to get dizzy as she watched and reggie leaned towards luke, "i think he's practicing his model strut."

luke whispered back, "he's so nervous, he's almost making me nervous." andy nodded, "yeah, and he's making me dizzy."

alex quickly stopped and looked at his friends, "okay, look, you guys know i don't handle change well. all right? death? that was a change. okay? then we became ghosts. all right? another change. and... and now we can be seen whenever we play with julie. big freaking change!"

"yeah, but, bro, it was a good change. with julie, we can play on stage again and be the band we never got to be. come on. i mean, you gotta be down for that." spoke luke.

alex threw his hands up a bit, "yeah, i mean, who wouldn't be? i just... you know, i wanna figure out why."

luke stood up, "forget why. man, i say we invite julie to join sunset curve." reggie stood up, "yeah, totally. i mean, like, think about it. with a new lead singer, this band would be legendary."

andy let out a small laugh as luke stared at reggie, "hey! i'm our lead singer."

reggie gave him a look, "dude, that girl has the voice of an angel, and she can make us visible. without her, we're just like elevator music."

"you don't gotta be so mean about it."

andy hit lukes leg as she watched alex begin to pace again and luke sighed, "and we're on the runway again."

"okay, i'm sorry, all right? i just... i gotta go clear my head." alex walked off and went to grab the handle for the door but his hand just kept going through it.

andy frowned as alex continued to try and reggie spoke up, "dude, you're a ghost. just poof out." alex quickly turned around, stressed out, "don't tell me how to ghost!"

he took a breath before hopping out and reggie let out a small whistle sound. luke looked between reggie and andy, "well i'm gonna go do... something so you two, uh, no funny business."

andy rolled her eyes and made a face towards luke before he hopped out. andy headed over to her cello and reggie followed, "what are you doing?"

andy looked up with a small smile, "just want to practice a bit more since i haven't really practiced in 25 years and julie also plays piano."

andy took her seat behind the giant instrument and closed her eyes as she began to play. she smiled to herself as she played, forgetting reggie was even there.

but the boy didn't leave. he stared at her with a small smile, a smile that showed only admiration and intrigue. he admired the girl for more reasons than one and had always found her intriguing.