thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE BAND HAD BEEN PRACTICING THEIR SORRY SONG TO SING TO JULIE WHEN SHE GOT BACK

THE BAND HAD BEEN PRACTICING THEIR SORRY SONG TO SING TO JULIE WHEN SHE GOT BACK. it took many tries but they finally got it and when andy let the boys know she was coming, they all got into their positions.

"we're sorry." sang reggie as he put an arm out. alex, popping out from behind luke than song, "so sorry."

luke put his arms forward, "we're super duper, crazy, stupid..." luke bent down on a knee to reveal andy as the whole band sang out, "sorry!"

"in case you missed it, we're really sorry." spoke reggie and andy nodded, "super duper crazy sorry to be exact."

julie nodded, "yeah. i... i got that part." alex smiled, out of breath, "we've been here for, like, three hours."

reggie and alex high fived and luke stood up, "we almost sang to your little brother." reggie nodded, "he comes in here a lot. mainly to use the bathroom."

alex grimaced, "yeah. it's not our favorite part of the day." luke spoke up, "but, julie, it wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night. we know we let you down."

"and none of us wanted to disappoint you. you're the best thing that's happened to us since we became ghosts." added alex.

luke spoke again, "so, in hopes that you'll rejoin the band, we booked a new gig." he handed julie the flyer and reggie added, "a mega important, life changing gig."

luke pointed at the flyer, "check it out. tons of managers go here to listen to new bands. all we gotta do is blow them all away, and we're living the dream."

julie looked at him, "so this means a lot to you, huh? kind of like how playing in front of my whole entire school meant a lot to me."

"sounds like sarcasm. i'm starting to think our plan isn't working."

andy shook her head, "okay, yeah, we walked right into that one." alex nodded in agreement with a sigh, "look, we know we messed up."

"but we need you in the band." added luke and julie glared at him, "of course you do, because without me, no one can see you guys playing. you know, i thought that the music that we were writing was special, but you're too obsessed with your past to even care."

andy stepped up next to luke, "julie that isn't fair." luke fought back, "i do care. look, our band has a real chance of greatness. i'm not gonna let that get away from us again."

julie nodded, "uh-huh. right. so then why did you bail on me to get back at trevor? i'll tell you why. cause there's only one thing you care about, and that's yourself. and andy, i get hes your brother but i thought you were the reasonable one! you're the one who puts them in their place but all you're doing is enabling it all." she quickly turned away and stormed off, leaving luke standing there as andy put a hand on his shoulder.