twenty three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

LUKE MADE HIS WAY TOWARDS THE TOP-HATTED MAN

LUKE MADE HIS WAY TOWARDS THE TOP-HATTED MAN. "what are you doing here?" questioned the boy and caleb gasped, "such hostility! i'm just here to congratulate you on your big night. not everyone gets to play the orpheum."

luke pointed at the man, "no- no. okay, we know that it's your stamp that's hurting us-"

"hmm."

"-we already told you, we have a band. we don't wanna join your little club." finished luke and alex stepped forward, "yeah. and you can't make us either."

caleb gave the boy a hard look and alex backed off a bit and cleared his throat, "sir."

andy rolled her eyes, "if it wasn't obvious, we don't want you here so, bye."

caleb clicked his tongue, "right. you're crossing over tonight. so exciting! funny thing about the cross over, no one really knows what's waiting on the other side. but i know what's happening on this side."

the man kissed his hand before blowing it at the teens, sending a cloud their way which teleported them to the hollywood ghost club.

they all looked down at their outfits, all the boys in tuxes while andy was trapped in a black dress she hated to admit she actually liked.

"well, don't you look nice?" stated caleb walking in front of the group and reggie responded, "sweet threads."

andy gave the boy a small kick, letting him know he wasn't helping. she scoffed when she noticed the heels on her feet, they definitely weren't her favorite part of the look.

"how... how'd you know our sizes?" questioned alex and luke continued to mess with his collar, "that's your question?"

andy scrunched up her face, "and what's with the heels? not exactly the easiest to get around in. you gave the guys easy mobility and made life even harder for me because i'm female," she pulled the form fitting dress down a bit and sent the man a glare, "not cool dude."

caleb sighed, "look, i know you all aren't my biggest fans. and an eternity at my club might seem overwhelming. but... i just put you in sweet threads, so humor me this one last pitch. now, for starters, isn't it nice that you're all here together?" the group looked between each other, "and believe me, everything you want, including willie, is here."

alex shifted a bit, making andy glare at the man from next to reggie, who grabbed her hand. "and on my stage, you don't vanish when the music stops. you soak in the applause for as long as you want. the connection that you will feel with that audience will be like no other." continued caleb as he fixed lukes tie.

"i promise." finished the man before cheers came from the main room, making him gasp a bit, "oh! shh. do you hear that? they're waiting for you."

everyone felt another jolt as they bent down, andy letting reggies hand go in order to grab her core.

caleb winced, "that one looked like it hurt. now, let me remind you, you don't know if playing the orpheum is your unfinished business. do you really have time to make that mistake?"

the group looked at the evil man as caleb continued, "i suggest you accept my offer, because the clock is ticking."

he took a sip of water and another jolt hit the group, andy squeezing her fist as she had to grab reggies shoulder to keep her balance in the annoying heels.

caleb turned his attention to the girl with a point to her feet, "ouch! maybe those weren't the best choice." he turned to walk on stage, "you know where to find me."

caleb ran on stage before greeting the audience and beginning his show. he kept giving the group random looks as he sang lyrics that he thought pertained to them.

the four ghosts all felt their feet move forward a bit, none wanting it to happen, yet they couldn't stop it. it was as if calebs control was growing stronger the longer the music played.

worried looks spread to the bands faces as they all felt the tap of their foot, or the sway of a wrist, or in alex's case, his drum stick began spinning around in his hand.

andy watched as alex's body moved forward a bit before proofing away and reappearing behind the drum kit where he began playing a solo.

andy moved her attention towards reggie as she caught his bass move up in his hand from her peripherals, before the boy also poofed into the stage and began a solo.

the brunette girl felt her brother grab her hand nervously, neither wanting to join in yet they didn't think they had a choice anymore.

andy watched her boe for her cello begin twirling in her fingers by her side before giving luke an apologetic look and also poofing onto the stage for an unintentional solo.

she played as the crowd cheered and watched as reggies feet carried him towards her, his face showing it wasn't intentional.

caleb introduced luke as the rest of the group continued to play against their will and they all watched as he tried to fight it.

luke continued trying to fight, his face morphing into his puppy face as he fought, but caleb was too strong and in the end the boy was forced to fully join the rest of the group.

"how do you like my new band?" questioned caleb with a smile as the crowd cheered and he continued on with his singing.

andy and alex caught each other's eye, both having looks of panic and worry spread across their faces. caleb continued to skat and andy felt reggies presence leave as the boy moved to the front with caleb and luke.

caleb continued to sing, milking the attention, and enjoying his forcing of teenagers to preform. they all couldnt stop no matter how hard their tried.

at once moment andy even tried to make her arm go limp but it just kept going, not letting her stop until caleb sang that last note and everyone was sent into their final positions with the crowd cheering.

authors note!
hi everyone, i'm gonna be honest and say i took a break from writing for a few days.

my dog, who was 13 and i've had since i was 4, passed on november 3rd and it's just been really hard. i'm having a hard time dealing with it but wanted to be honest.

i've also been struggling with school and this huge loss hasn't helped. my work is piling on yet i can't find a reason to do it and it sucks.

i only have 1-2 more chapters to write for this season before we all gotta wait till the next one and i think that's also a reason i'm struggling to finish because this story has brought me so much joy along with every comment i get.

sorry i don't really respond most of the time, i'm awkward and honestly don't know if people want me to or not.

well i hope you enjoyed this chapter and the next one will be out when i have time to write or have the mental capability <3