eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
HOLLYWOOD 1994-1995 📍

IT WAS AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME AS ANDY SAT NEXT TO LUKE IN HIS ROOM

IT WAS AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME AS ANDY SAT NEXT TO LUKE IN HIS ROOM. luke was working on more sunset curve songs as andy read a book, leaning against her brother as he wrote.

"hey andy, what do you think of these lyrics?" questioned luke turning his journal towards his sister. andy put her book down and turned to look at the journal before quickly reading over the lyrics.

she looked at luke with a smile and nodded her head a bit and he smiled back before going back to writing.

just then, the siblings mom, emily, walked into lukes room and a frown fell on her face looking at her children. "are you two seriously just in here working on that music crap instead of spending the holidays with your family?"

andy frowned as luke spoke, "mom, this isn't crap. we are writing more songs for the band to rehearse and one day play for everyone."

emily sighed, "why can't you two just spend time with your family for once and work on that music after the holidays?"

luke groaned, not in the mood for another conversation about how music was their passion and important to the both of them.

"mom, we are spending time with family. andy is my sister and i'm hanging out with her right now. also, our music is kinda important." stated luke, going back to the song book.

their mom, fully done with this conversation that had been happening for days and still in the mindset that the two were wasting their lives screamed out, "i want you both out of that band! it does you no good and is just getting in the way of what you could be doing."

luke stood up fast, "you can't just do that! the band is important to us and if you actually cared you wouldn't try to take away what we love."

their mom looked between the two with a small gasp, when she saw the shared look in their eyes she scoffed, "then leave!"

luke glared, "fine! andy come on." andy quickly stood up, frowning at her mom, as she ran to her room ready to grab what she needed.

the brunette wiped her eyes as she heard the seemingly never ending screams of her brother and mom. andy continued to pack her bag full of everything she wanted with her before hearing luke scream, "andy come one!"

andy quickly looked around before spotting the family photo on her desk by her bed. she went to grab it before pulling her arm back again and running out of the room.

andy quickly went towards her brother but was stopped when her mom grabbed her arm and questioned, "are you seriously leaving?"