fifteen

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

THE GROUP HAD GOTTEN BACK TO JULIES

THE GROUP HAD GOTTEN BACK TO JULIES. they weren't able to speak much to the manager lady because of ray, but andy wasn't too mad about it as she had stated that there could only be one andy that had anything to do with this group.

she was now sat on julies couch in-between luke and alex watching carlos use his ipad to hunt ghosts.

andy silently laughed in amusement when carlos spoke, "you can't hide forever, ghosties." he turned the camera before the light turned on to reveal his aunt, tia.

"for the last time, mijo. ghosts are not real." explained tia and reggie shook his head in disappointment, "typical adult. do you remember when we were kids, and they never believed what we said?"

alex scoffed, "yeah. i'm pretty sure that's just a "you" thing. i was always pretty trustworthy." reggie gave andy a look and she shrugged, "i mean i was only not believed because i did stupid stuff."

luke sighed, "shouldn't we be more worried about julie? her dad just busted her, okay? he's probably making her quit the band."

reggie responded, "well, there's not much we can do about that now, but... we can still help carlos. adults not believing children ends tonight. showtime."

reggie gave his friends a smirk and alex went to stop him but andy put her hand up, knowing it would make no difference in the outcome besides hold it back a bit.

alex seemed to know that too when he shook his head as reggie smirked to himself and turned the lamp off.

carlos and tia both looked up and carlos smiled, "ghosts aren't real, huh? how do you explain that?"

"light bulbs burn out all the time, carlos."

reggie groaned, "ooh! wrong answer, tia." he stood up and walked over to the windows, "explain... this." he began making the blinds go up and down, andy putting her head in her hand at the boys antics.

alex looked forward and moved his hands in disbelief as luke slouched down next to his sister with his arms crossed.

tia grabbed carlos in fear who hypothesized, "maybe it's my mom. she knows i haven't been replacing the toilet paper!"

tia shook her head, "your mama would never scare us. this is the work of a demon!"

reggie quickly stopped and looked at tia with a frown, "hey, words hurt." carlos shot his arm up, "wait! i got to get this on video."

reggie pointed to him with a smile, "yeah, you do. time for an old classic." he grabbed a sheet and threw it over himself, making it look to the two lifers as if the blanket was holding human form but nothing was under it.

tia, while screaming, quickly pulled carlos off and away from the living room as he complained about his camera being in selfie mode.

reggie laughed before taking a seat back on the chair he was originally in and facing his friends, who each had a different look of either disappointment, anger, or bewilderment.