Page 30: Not So Happy Reunion:

Dream woke up, stuck in the pit she was in the first day she met Cora. She stayed quiet when Cora would come to check on her. She did not trust Cora. And after seeing Hook's betrayal, Dream just wanted to go home. 

The door opened while Dream stared at the cave wall. "I thought you might be hungry, dearest." Cora smiled when she brought a tray of food over to Dream. "I hope you enjoy stew. I tried to make it like your mother used to love it." Cora smiled as Dream looked up at her.

"I enjoy anything that masks the bitter aftertaste of poison..." Dream spoke up, making Cora chuckle at her strong-willed granddaughter. 

"Oh, sassy. I like that. Reminds me of a lot of your mother when she was your age." Cora smiled as Dream sighed to herself, missing Henry and Regina more than anything. "You might as well go. I'm not gonna tell you anything." Dream said as Cora just gave her a smile. "Oh, I know. That's all right. You have nothing to tell. You weren't my target. But I am happy we can get to know each other." Cora said when Dream looked to the ground.

"The compass. Sad you lost it?" Dream asked, looking back up at her.

"I suppose... But now I have something to trade for it." Cora smirked when Dream scoffed, shocked to think that Cora would actually give Dream up to trade for the compass. "They'll never trade me for that... Emma left me at that beanstalk." Dream scoffed, making Cora kneel down to reach her hand on Dream's cheek, who pulled away.

"Not you, my dear," Cora said, waving her hand to make an unconscious Aurora near her. "But you might be more valuable than you know," Cora smirked, looking back at Dream while standing up.

"To who? They left me... And they hate my mother. Do you really think they'll sacrifice that for a stranger and me?" Dream asked, making Cora look at her.

"You're a distrustful, little girl, aren't you?" Cora asked, making Dream scoff. "I'm not a little girl." Dream protested when she looked at the ground. "You may not know them well, but I do. Snow and her daughter just can't help themselves. No matter the personal stakes, they won't let an innocent die." Cora said as Dream looked up at her, shrugging.

"We shall see." Dream sighed when Cora watched her granddaughter try to act brave. 

"And what stakes do you have in the pirate's cause, dearest? It's not as though they would let him travel back with them if you were to go with them." Cora said as she watched Dream's face soften, looking to the ground. "Oh... What a sweet, misguided notion. Did you really think you could have a life with the pirate? Find your destiny? Because of this little piece of jewelry..." Cora said, holding up Dream's bracelet.

"I was not going to leave someone to die. It's not about a silly crush. If there is anything I can do to get back to my family, I will do it!" Dream fought when Cora raised her brow. "Is that so? What if I told you that the pirate is only using you to get his revenge?" Cora asked her granddaughter, making Dream scoff at her.

"What could I possibly do to help him with his revenge?" Dream asked when Cora chuckled, looking at the clueless girl. 

"Do you think I would not recognize who gave you this? Rumpelstiltskin... And why would you carry it if my daughter did not make a deal with him?" Cora said that Dream was still confused when she realized that she did not know what she was talking about. "Oh... I must've been mistaken... However, that will not matter when we go back--" Cora continued to say when Dream kicked the plate, splashing the stew onto Cora's blue gown. "Oh, you stupid, ungrateful girl!" Cora yelled out, making Dream scoff at her.

"I'm not as stupid as you think. Nor are my loyalties so easily bought. You can bring me 100 meals and make me 100 promises, but I will never help you--" Dream spat when Cora scoffed, waving her hand, making Dream fall asleep. Cora scoffed, wishing that her granddaughter would just trust her, but she moved over to a crow that was sitting on top of a bronze cage.

"Tell them." She told the crow, petting his feathers before the crow flew to let Mary Margaret, who can talk to birds, know of Cora's plans.

~season 2, episode 8: "Into the Deep"~

~760 words~