Page 74: Lying and Crying:

Dream headed to Granny's, putting her heart in the bag she had brought with her. She sighed to herself when she tried not to cry. But she kept wondering how she could cry without a heart. But everything was strange. 

"Dream?" 

Dream turned, seeing Mary Margaret sitting at a booth behind her. "Mary Margaret..." Dream gave her a small smile when Mary Margaret moved to hug the girl, who looked like she was on the verge of crying. "Here, come sit with me... You look like you could eat." Mary Margaret smiled when she helped Dream sit in the booth with her.

After a bit, Mary Margaret watched the door as Dream was drinking hot cocoa. Mary Margaret looked up when Regina walked in. "So, how is Henry? Is he okay?" Regina asked when she placed a hand on Dream's back. "He's fine. Everything's fine." Mary Margaret said, smiling at her.

"What did he say?" Regina asked when she looked at her daughter.

"I didn't actually talk to him." She said, causing Regina to sigh to herself before sitting beside Dream. "Then why am I here? And why is my daughter?" Regina asked when Dream looked at Mary Margaret. 

Mary Margaret was calm and did not say anything or ask anything while she just ensured Dream was okay. Dream was thankful that someone was patient with her for a moment. It seems like it was always just one thing after another in this town. 

"Because I know you've been lying. And I thought it was time we talk about it." Mary Margaret said, causing Regina to scoff. "I don't know what you're talking about." Regina denied it when she glanced at Dream, who was just as confused as she was. "No, no, no. No more lying. I know you've been with your mother. I know you're looking for the dagger. And I know that you have been using Dream's heart to make her do your bidding." Mary Margaret bluntly said, making Regina scoff, when Dream sighed to herself, sipping her cocoa. 

"What I'm doing is my business," Regina said, looking at Mary Margaret, then at her daughter.

"There's a war starting, Regina--"

"That much is clear, yes," Regina said when she looked back at Mary Margaret. "Lucky for you, you've earned enough goodwill with me to give you one last chance. Just to choose the right side, the side of good." Mary Margaret said, making Regina smirk at her. "Have you ever considered that maybe, perhaps, I am good? I was always the Queen; it was you who added "Evil" to my name." Regina said when Dream sighed, looking at her mother. 

"Good doesn't do what you do... Why? Regina, why go back to being this way after how hard you tried?" Mary Margaret asked when Dream sighed to herself. It was Mary Margaret, David, and Emma who accused Regina of murder just about a week ago.

"And what did it get me? Dinner with a bunch of hypocrites who pretend they'll forgive me when, in their hearts, they know they never will." Regina sighed when Mary Margaret sighed, looking away from Regina. "You're giving me a chance? How about I give you one? Stay out of my way. Come on, Dreamy." Regina said, getting up when Dream followed her, grabbing her bag.

"Listening to your mother is a mistake, Regina."

"Because listening to you will work out so much better." Regina scoffed when she moved her hand to lead Dream towards the door. "She doesn't care about Henry. Or Dream. All she wants is power." Mary Margaret said, making Dream turn to look at her.

"Power's how you get things." 

"She doesn't care about you." Mary Margaret sighed when Regina scoffed. "Really? And what would you know about mothers?" Regina scoffed when she motioned for Dream to walk out, following behind her.

"That was a little harsh, Mom..." Dream sighed, looking at her mom, who was heading to her car.

"What is harsh is telling Snow anything about what I am doing..." Regina scoffed, stopping to look at Dream. "I didn't... She was already there when I walked in. She just told me to sit with her." Dream sighed when she looked like she was going to cry.

"Oh, honey..." Regina sighed when she moved to hug Dream, who started to cry. "Come on... Let's get you home." Regina said, rubbing her daughter's back.

"He took my heart again... Used me to get his hook." Dream said, sobbing into her mother's arms.

"It's okay, sweetheart..." Regina said when she noticed the box in Dream's bag when she rubbed Dream's back. She was crying without her heart. "Come on. Let's go home." Regina said, leading Dream to the car.

~season 2, episode 15: "The Queen is Dead"~

~783 words~