Page 82: A Small Moment Between Father, Son, and Daughter:

"It's getting weaker..." Neal sighed, holding up his sword, while Cora continued to break down the boundary spell. "She's gonna get through," Neal said, looking back at Emma.

"Maybe it's for the best..." Gold sighed when the other three turned to look at him. "At least this cursed power will pass from this world." He continued when Dream sighed, seeing her dad, who was such a scary and powerful man, looking so weak. 

"No... No, you're not dying." Neal defended, lowering his sword.

"I am dying. That much is certain... I need to talk to Belle. Emma, please." Gold said, reaching his hand up when Emma took her phone out, dialing Belle's number.

Neal walked over, sitting by Dream and Gold, rubbing Dream's back as she watched Gold as if she was studying him. "Who's Belle?" Neal asked Emma, wrapping his arm around Dream's shoulders. "Your dad's girlfriend..." Emma sighed, looking between Dream and Neal, while she handed her phone to Gold.

"Mr. Gold, I... I told you before, I... I don't remember you."

"I... I... I know, I know. It's just, uh... Sweetheart, I am dying." Gold said, weakly, while Neal and Dream watched him be so vulnerable. 

"Oh. I'm, uh... I'm... I'm so sorry."

"I know that you're confused about who you are. So, I'm going to tell you. You are a hero who helped your people. You're a beautiful woman who loved an ugly man. Really, really loved me. You find goodness in others, and when it's not there, you create it. You make me wanna go back. Back to the best version of me. That never happened before..." Gold said to her over the phone when Neal looked down at his shoes, and Dream looked at Gold, tearing up. "So, when you look in the mirror, and you don't know who you are... That's who you are." Gold continued, starting to tear up when he heard her sobbing over the phone. "Thank you, Belle." He said before hanging up the phone.

The room went quiet before Neal cleared his throat. "Didn't know you had that in you." Neal said, not looking at his father. "oh, I am full of love. I've spent a lifetime looking for you. For a chance to say I love you. And I'm sorry... Sorry to both of you." Gold sighed when Neal turned to look at his father, trying not to cry.

"I didn't think you would go back on our deal." He said to his father.

"I just made the wrong choice... Like I did nineteen years ago, walking out of your life, Dream." Gold said, looking at both of his kids. "May I?" Gold asked, holding his hand out to them.

"I'm still angry," Neal said softly.

"I know..." Gold said when Neal wrapped both of his hands around his father's when Dream moved to sit on the bed with Gold. She didn't say anything when she took his other hand, giving him a small smile. "You can't leave me now... You still have a whole lifetime to make it up to me this time." She chuckled, making them laugh a bit.

~season 2, episode 16: "The Miller's Daughter"~

~519 words~