Page 33: Rumpelstiltskin's Cell:

"Huh... Rumpelstiltskin's cell." Mary Margaret sighed in relief when she stopped by the entrance while Mulan and Aurora went ahead, lighting the torches on the walls. "I haven't been here since before Regina's curse. This is where he told us you were going to be the Savior." Mary Margaret said while Dream walked forward a bit, listening to Emma and Mary Margaret.

"He knew?" Emma asked her mother.

"Oh, it was prophesized... Come on." Mary Margaret said, walking over to the open cell, where Mulan, Aurora, and Dream were looking for the squid ink. "The squid ink... It's not here." Dream said to Mary Margaret and Emma, sounding frustrated. "Gold said we would find it." Mary Margaret said while they continued to look at the empty cell.

"Well, was there anyone else in here with him?" Mulan asked, making Mary Margaret scoff out a chuckle. "Could they have taken the ink?" She continued to ask Mary Margaret when Aurora watched Dream frantically searching for any crack in the stone wall.

"No. He was kept alone. Visitors were forbidden..." Mary Margaret said when Dream pulled out a scroll, when Aurora noticed, looking at it with her. "He was too dangerous to allow any human contact." Mary Margaret continued, making Emma look at her.

"How did he keep from going crazy?" Emma asked Mary Margaret as Dream unrolled the scroll, looking weary at Aurora, who shared the same look. "He didn't..." Dream spoke up, making the other three look at her and Aurora.

"What is it?" Mary Margaret asked the two girls.

"Is it a message?" Emma asked when Dream walked over, reaching the scroll to Emma and Mary Margaret. "Yes... And I think it's for you." Dream said, handing the scroll to Emma. "Why would you think that--" Emma went to ask, but she looked down at the scroll in astonishment.

Emma pulled the scroll more, seeing a long parchment with her name written many times. The others looked shocked when they saw part of the bottom of the scroll ripped off, next to a drawing of a rose. 

"What is the rose?" Aurora asked, looking at them as they shrugged. 

"It looks like a part was ripped off..." Mulan sighed when they started to look around it again.

"What does this even mean?" Emma sighed while sitting down to look at the scroll while the compass sat on her lap.

"He was obsessed with you, Emma. You were the key to breaking the curse." Mary Margaret said while the others followed Dream by searching the cracks in the wall. 

Dream stopped, seeing a ripped piece of parchment, similar to the scroll's parchment. She looked at the piece when she saw similar writing. "Slowly fall to the tray; the more it grows, the more thorns come out to play. Dream, dream, dream... The light of the glow will gleam." Dream read the riddle to herself when she thought about it. Was this what went with the rose at the bottom? Did Rumpelstiltskin know that Dream would be born from a flower before she was ever born?

"We've looked everywhere..." Dream sighed when she stuffed the piece of parchment into her pocket. "There's no ink in this cell..." Dream said that when she looked at the others, Aurora noticed that she was acting strange. 

"No, there has to be. He told David." Mary Margaret fought, still searching with Mulan. "You were in a netherworld. Maybe something got lost in translation." Emma suggested, still looking at her name that was written all over the paper.

"No. She heard right." Mulan said, finding an empty ink vile.

"You found it?" Mary Margaret asked when they all moved over to Mulan. "In a manner of speaking. There was ink in this cell." Mulan sighed, showing the empty vile with no trace of ink left.

Emma sighed as they all looked at each other before looking at Dream, who picked up a rock from the ground, throwing it at the wheel that held up the cell barrier. "Dream, what are you doing? No!" Emma yelled, but it was too late. The wall had already closed, trapping them inside. Dream looked at her hands, wondering why she did that.

"Helping me."

~season 2, episode 9: "Queen of Hearts"~

~696 words~