𝒗𝒊𝒊. danger ahead

CHAPTER SEVEN: DANGER AHEAD !

8x11

━━━━━━

CASEY KNEW THAT MEETING SOMEONE THAT YOU THOUGHT WAS YOUR STALKER IN AN INTERROGATION ROOM WASN'T IDEAL BUT THIS WAS THE PLACE THEY AGREED ON. Casey sat in between the thick walls and awaited for Cooper Rogers to arrive in his place.

As Casey stayed in place, she then noticed the door opened to the room and in walked Cooper and his lawyer. This had been the first time they'd seen each other since Casey had a stalker. They stood in silence for a minute until Casey broke the ice.

"You know, when you said you wanted to meet... I didn't think you'd mean an interrogation room." Casey stated. Cooper looked at the woman in front of him. She'd looked a bit different than when he last saw her. She was more confident, like she knew what she was doing. "I didn't wanna meet anywhere else." Cooper spoke.

Cooper had taken a seat in front of Casey and his lawyer stood in the corner of the room. "What do you want, Cooper?" Casey questioned.

Cooper sighed, "I wanted to talk more about that night." Casey looked down at the thought of that night and what she went through. It was still traumatized from it. No matter how hard she tried to erase the memories from her mind, she just couldn't. She remembered too much. "I understand you didn't know as much, didn't wanna know and I respected that." Cooper told.

Casey looked at the man and shook the hair away from her face and thought out loud. "So you come back three years later and for what?" She asked.

"To get you to listen," Cooper stated and Casey furrowed her brows and Cooper started to get into the details more. "Adam threatened me. Told me I'd be putting my family in danger and he'd kill me. I believed every second of it. Then, he offered me money. He offered over a million to act like I was stalking you. So you couldn't trail it back to him. The thing was, he had Lucy, so I had to oblige or he'd kill her." Casey knew that Adam threatened Cooper but she didn't know the extent of everything. He went through so much just by being a bystander.

Cooper looked down at his folded hands and he took a deep breath as he continued. "Lucy and I tried to move on. But she killed herself in the process. And everyone thought I did it. So I... accepted it. People thought I was a stalker, I was wrongfully framed and there was no coming back from that."

Casey felt bad for Cooper. He'd been through a lot, maybe even more than Casey had gone through in her sad life and that was saying a lot. Still, she didn't understand why Cooper needed to speak with her so urgently.