𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. hudson's lament

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO: HUDSON'S LAMENT !

━━━━━━

VIVIAN WONDERED HOW THINGS WENT WRONG SO QUICKLY. If only Casey had just listened to her. But that woman could only ever listen to her husband and her boss. And Hotch told her that if she had the shot, she should take it. So Casey did.

Their case consisted of a man killing random victims of opportunity and they later discovered that their unsub had been killing those that reminding him of people from his past and those who used to make fun of him. Turns out, Vivian personally knew the unsub, someone she considered a best friend in high school. Vivian was convinced that maybe she could help him and get him into custody as safely as she could. But the man nearly attacked Vivian and Casey had shot him in the shoulder three times.

So, here were Vivian and Casey taking their unsub to the hospital. Vivian was pissed off to say the least but Casey was only doing her job. After the surgery, the unsub was taken into a room where Vivian and Casey offered to stay with him. Vivian insisted the man not have handcuffs on or he'd freak out.

Casey was super against this but Vivian could only say two words to her. So, she sat ways away from the woman as Casey flipped through a magazine. She looked up and Vivian still wasn't talking to her. And now, Casey was reminded of her grandmother with her silence treatment. "Oh, come on, you seriously still can't be mad at me." Casey spoke finally, breaking the ice.

"I didn't say anything." Vivian said, not bothering to look at Casey. "You didn't have to say anything. The anger is radiating off your body and I can feel it and I am very uncomfortable." Casey stated.

"I liked it better when we were silent." Vivian still hadn't bothered to look her way. "Vivian, I had to do it," Casey told. "I had to shoot him. I'm not gonna apologize for that."

"Randall Zemekis is a good friend." Vivian said, motioning to the unsub unconscious in the bed. "A good friend who just so happened to kill four people." Casey added on.

"He's borderline schizophrenic. If it was Spencer, you wouldn't have shot him. And don't give me that look like I'm wrong." Vivian said, causing Casey to give her a warning look to not go there. "Do not bring Spencer into this," She raised her voice. "As a matter of fact, it was your boyfriend who told me to take the shot if I had it. And I had it and I'm sorry but I'm not gonna apologize for it anymore."

Vivian sighed, "I just wish you didn't. I grew up with Randall. He was my best friend. I just wished you listened to me before you went ahead to take the shot."