𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. goodbyes aren't always forever

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SIX: GOODBYES AREN'T ALWAYS FOREVER !

━━━━━━

         THE REID-WILLOWS FAMILY HAD MADE IT HOME FROM THEIR DAY OUT. On Spencer and Casey's day off, they had decided to take Lennox and Christopher out for the door. They took them to a nearby park for Christopher, the mall for Lennox, to go and get ice cream for everyone and then to Spencer and Casey's favorite bookstore.

           Lennox had taken an immediate liking to the bookstore and basically went feral at all of the books and their descriptions. Seeing the way Lennox's eyes lit up, the couple had decided all of the books she wanted.

         As soon as they walked through the front door, Lennox carried her bag of books over to the table. "You guys seriously didn't have to buy me that many books. And first editions, too." She bought a total of fifteen books.

        "Of course we did." Casey said, putting her coat around a chair. "You can never have too many books." Spencer added as Casey took a bag out of his hands so he could carry Christopher with two available arms.

        "Says you," Lennox motions to Spencer. "You have books memorized in your head. You can just scan through them in five seconds. But you guys spent over $100 on me. I don't know how I can—"

        Casey immediately holds her pointer finger up, interrupting Lennox. "Hey, you don't need to repay us at all. It was our treat. I'm just happy you like fiction like me." She smiled. "I'm gonna start one of them now." Lennox picked up a book in her hands and then decided to carry the bag over to her room and shut the door behind her.

      "I didn't even know that girl had such a love for books." Casey tossed her thumb over to Lennox as she talked to her husband. "She probably didn't read them as much growing up. Besides of course what that woman taught her." Spencer stated.

       "I'm surprised with how much she knows at her age," Casey comments. "It's average for a teenager." Spencer interjects holding a hand up. "Actually, the average teen's IQ ranges between 50 to 60 but with Lennox, I'm gonna say she's a bit smarter than that. Her IQ is probably 100." He explained.

      "At her age?" Casey wondered. "Yeah, it's a different range for kids at any age's. Like for me, I didn't start off as 187, it practically progressed over time and for you, your IQ being 175, it was probably different, too." Spencer explained and Casey took that into consideration and then nudge her head towards her head. "You think Chris is gonna have a high IQ?" She asks.

      "Christopher is almost three years old in a month or two and I think he's the smartest three year old I've ever known!" He hold Christopher up high and he holds his arms out like he's Superman. "Yeah!" Christopher smiles. Casey's heart warms as Spencer laughs playfully at their son.