𝒍𝒗𝒊. lockdown/lockout

CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX: LOCKDOWN/LOCKOUT !

10x16

━━━━━━

THE TEAM HAD RECEIVED NEWS THAT THEIR CASE INVOLVED A PRISON. And now, here they were on the jet, ready to go to a prison. It wasn't the first time the team was at a facility to do their FBI work. They were now debriefing over the case.

      "Officers Keith Rivers and Rudy Hightower, both career prison guards, both married, kids, nothing out of the ordinary." Kate told as Casey went ahead to look at the crime scene photos.

       "The uniform itself could be the target. Kill a guard, any guard, it doesn't matter which one." Morgan told. "And what about the sock in the mouth? That's a new one." Casey asked. "It might be some kind of warning to keep quiet, you know, like, put a sock in it." Rossi tells, making Casey shrug at the possibility. "It could have also just been a gag to literally keep the victims quiet." JJ added.

      "Well, either way, we're probably looking at multiple unsubs." Hotch told. "This would be very difficult to pull off alone." Kate looks up. "Multiple unsubs in a prison, sounds like a gang."
"And gangs have gang leaders and the murders could lead back to one of them, and by them, I mean him." JJ holds up a mugshot photo of a well-known gang leader in the joint.

"Julio Watson, founder of the Southside Crip Nation." Morgan tells. "He transferred in a month before the murders started." JJ tells. "Maybe if it's a coincidence." Vivian shrugs as Garcia comes up on the monitor.

"Excuse me, sir. Even I am befuddled. I found almost nothing on this prison, but this is what I do know. The Reagan Federal Penitentiary was opened in 1969 just outside of Liberty, Texas. Oh, the irony, I know. And then it was scheduled to be shut down, but Citadel Corrections Company bought it a year ago from Uncle Sam." Garcia explained.

"The business of incarceration is extremely lucrative and virtually recession-proof. The Citadel Corrections Company has more than quadrupled their holdings since they were founded 20 years ago. They now have 19 facilities all across the country. 59,603 prisoners in their charge." Spencer explained.

"Guess I had it wrong all this time," Rossi started. "Crime does pay."

Once they landed, the team immediately got into SUVs and into the prison. Casey swears the last time she was at a prison that wasn't her dad's was the time her, Spencer and Hotch had gone to talk to a serial killer who nearly killed Casey. She was actually finishing the story to Kate when the topic had come up.