𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. insider edition

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN: INSIDER EDITION !

11x15

━━━━━━

       SPENCER AND CASEY HAD BEEN COPING AS WELL AS THEY COULD NOW THAT LENNOX WAS GONE. Spencer had been a lot better than Casey, but Casey kept trying to prove she was okay, keeping herself as busy as she could. In time, she'd heal and she'd keep tabs on Lennox as much as possible but she had to do it all from the sidelines.

        Finally, the two had gone back to work and Vivian had come back, ready for her first case back. Of course, Garcia did the honors with presenting them their gruesome case.
"Los Angeles, here we come again. Earlier this morning, Isabella Jayne was found in her home in Atwater Village.
This comes on the heels of Gertrude Smiles being discovered in her house in Eagle Rock 5 miles away. Both women had been wrapped up and left in their bedrooms, Gertrude in a rug, Isabella in her own sheets." Garcia explains.

"Prelim ME report says that both victims died of asphyxiation." Hotch read on the file. "Were there any other signs of physical trauma?" Spencer asks, curious, to which Garcia replies with, "None."

"So suffocating them gets him off." Morgan tells. "We've seen erotic asphyxiation before, but this is different. I mean, he's completely encapsulating these women." Spencer points out. "It sounds like remorse. Maybe the unsub knew his victims." JJ says. "Yes, but it also sounds like he doesn't care for the woman. He's wrapping them up and suffocating them in their own deaths." Casey tells.

"Both of them are single. It's possible he's romantically involved with them." Spencer says. "Or they're surrogates for someone he feels guilty about killing." Vivian tells.
"Whatever the reason, there's something about wrapping them that's important to him." Rossi tells.

"There's no sign of burglary of forced entry," Hotch stated. "Somehow he's talking his way in." Morgan responds, "So they knew him or he used a ruse. Baby girl, any connection jump up?"
"Nothing yet, but I'm still digging." Garcia tells.
"My gut says ruse. Charm and harm. He smooth talks women to gain their trust, and then when they let down their guard, he turns on them." Rossi stated.

"Well, two victims in two days," Vivian tells. "Whatever he's doing is working on them." Hotch closes the file in front of him and says, "It could turn into a spree. Wheels up in 30."

With that, the team disbands and Casey heads down to her desk, on her phone as she cleans up her desk a bit. Ten minutes pass and Vivian pops by her desk with her own go-bag. "Oh, hey, Willows. What are you still doing here? I thought you'd be on your way to the tarmac with Spencer." Vivian checks her watch.