𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. guess who's in town

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: GUESS WHO'S IN TOWN !

8x19

━━━━━━

      AFTER DEBRIEFING OVER THE LATEST CASE OF A TIME CAPSULE GONE WRONG, SPENCER REID HAD NOTICED HIS GIRLFRIEND WASN'T IN THE ROOM. But rather rummaging through and cleaning her desk. Spencer furrowed his brows and rushed over to his girlfriend to see what was up.

      "Casey? What's going on?" He asked in curiousness. She'd almost knocked her crutches over from where they were propped. (She was sitting on her chair). "Cleaning... my... desk. Ow, my back." Casey sits up again, holding her back in pain, this time.

       "But... you don't clean."

       "I know I don't!"

        Casey groaned and looked over at her boyfriend, who looked like he probably shouldn't say another word and Casey sighed apologetically. "I'm sorry. I'm just freaking out. I do this every time."

       "Why?" Spencer asked, furrowing his brows.

      "My grandmother's coming to visit," Casey spoke and Spencer nodded. "My dad's mother. I haven't seen her in over six years. She's coming down here to see me because I never go up there to see her." Casey explained.

      "What's 'up there'?" Spencer asked.

      "California," Casey stated. "I never have time. I call her occasionally, but... yeah. She's also coming down here because she heard about what happened to me, she knows I'm in a relationship and she's coming to help me because she thinks I'm hopeless, right now." Casey sighs. "She always tried to control my life as a kid. That's partly the reason why I decided to live with my uncle. Even my dad knows she was controlling."

        "Also, I'm sorry, I was gonna tell you about her coming but it was last minute and Hotch suggested that I use my time to heal wisely, so..." Casey told and Spencer shook his head in assurance. "No, you're okay. We have a case anyways."

        "I should've told you. You know, she is so infuriating, I just want to wring her—" Casey made a motion with her hands.

        "Casey." Spencer gave the girl a look and the girl sighed, realizing that she was talking smack about someone and was trying to refrain herself from doing that any longer. Instead, Casey took a deep breath and exhaled, "She is my grandmother and I have to be thankful for her."

        "Good," Spencer nodded. "You sure you gonna be okay? With her being here and everything?"

        "It's Edith freaking Howard," Casey stated. "I gotta handle it sometime."