𝒍𝒙. newfound bonds

CHAPTER SIXTY: NEWFOUND BONDS !

━━━━━━

THE TEAM WAS CALLED IN FOR ANOTHER CASE. But you can imagine Morgan, Kate and JJ's surprise when they spot Spencer Reid sitting without his other half. They hadn't immediately asked where she was because they were in the middle of a conversation.

"How is it carrying a little person in your stomach?" JJ asked Kate, realizing her bump was getting bigger day by day. "Feels like I'm holding a watermelon under my shirt." Kate said, causing JJ and Morgan to chuckle at her comment.

"I'm getting so huge I've resorted to asking Casey for her old maternity clothes because none of my shirts are fitting me anymore." Kate told. "Hey, if ever need any more, I got you." JJ offered.

"Speaking of Casey," Morgan spoke as he sat next to Reid and Rossi had walked into the room with Vivian. "Kid, where is Casey?" He asks and Spencer looks over at Morgan and answers: "Oh, she took the case off to spend some personal time with Leah and Isaac."

"The Ryleighs?" Kate asks, sitting down now and then joined by JJ. "She wants to get to know them. And she's finally taking the time to. I mean, they are her half-siblings and Casey's always wanted siblings. She's been nervous about it all week." Spencer explained.

"Well, good for her," JJ nods. "I think it's great that she's doing it." Spencer nods back at JJ with a tight-lipped smile. "What is she planning on doing with them?" Kate asks next.

Spencer fiddled with the pencil in his hands. "She's going over to Jean Ryleigh's residence in DC. Apparently, the twins are moving in so they could be closer." He explained. "Closer to Casey?" Kate asks.

"Yeah, plus, Casey also mentioned a job offer that Isaac got. A teaching job over at the school. And Leah just graduated from Virginia Tech with a BA." Spencer explained.

"Sounds like they're doing good." JJ told. "Yeah, they moved out of Roanoke for a fresh start. Especially since Casey's a part of that now." Spencer nods.

"And you trust Casey going over there?" Morgan asks, making Spencer furrow his brows. "I mean, no offense, but Casey's never had the best track record when it comes to running into people from her past." Morgan specified and Spencer shrugs in understanding but then answers: "As long as Casey trusts them, I trust them."

Spencer knew that Casey going over there was a good idea. Even after he'd suggested it a few months ago, Casey needed time to accept everything. So, she took that time to accept her siblings and started off with small conversations over the phone until they reached the point where they could meet in person. So, Casey had taken a few days off to go and spend time with them.