𝒙𝒙𝒗. the new section chief and the temporary replacement

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: THE NEW SECTION CHIEF AND THE TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT !

9x04

━━━━━━

       AS SPENCER REID WAS TESTING ON HOW FAST ALEX BLAKE COULD FINISH TODAY'S CROSSWORD PUZZLE, CASEY WAS BUSY RESCHEDULING DOCTORS' APPOINTMENTS AND HER MEETING WITH HER TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT. Blake had just finished the crossword puzzle and Reid had stopped the stopwatch in his hand.

       "Congratulations, Blake, you just finished that crossword puzzle in seven minutes." Spencer told. "I mean, you could do it, too." Blake says, as if it's so easy.

       "I've done it in 5 1/2, actually." Spencer brags and Blake looks at Casey, as if she doesn't believe it and Casey looks up at the woman and sighs: "Believe it."

       "There's a theory about pattern recognition where you don't even have to look at the clues anymore, but I found that going across instead of down helps because the sequence of saccades and fixations in traditional reading assist with other oculomotor tasks such as solving crossword puzzles." Spencer explains and as he does, the baby inside Casey kicks.

       "Happy Wednesday, my nerds." Rossi speaks.
       "Don't associate me with them, please." Casey says.

       "Hey, you're here early." Blake tells, noticing Rossi. "Well, apparently not early enough. I missed all the excitement." Rossi looks over at Casey and nudges his head towards her. "And what are you doing, Juno?"

        Casey playfully glares at Rossi before she speaks.
"Rescheduling with my replacement, again," With Casey soon going on maternity leave, the woman knew she had to find her temporary replacement soon enough with the baby coming soon. But with her job, it was harder to do. "I mean every single time I schedule, we always have a case."

       "How do you know we have a case now?" Rossi asks.
"You see them up there?" Casey points to Hotch and Garcia in the roundtable room. "They're ready." She holds a hand out to Rossi to help her up out of her seat and sighs:  "I need coffee."

        The girl makes a beeline to the coffee machine and Spencer immediately rushes over. "No," He blocks the machine. "No coffee."

        Casey raises her eyebrows at Spencer in disbelief. "I know you're not prohibiting me from my coffee. Because that is a mistake."
       "Coffee's bad for the baby," Spencer told. "No coffee."

        "What's a little coffee gonna do? Stunt its' IQ?" Casey questioned. "Plus, we're already lucky with this kid having us as parents. Besides, we both drink coffee all the time, why is it all of a sudden a problem?"