𝒙𝒗. golden silence

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: GOLDEN SILENCE !

8x20

━━━━━━

CASEY WILLOWS NEVER OFTEN WORRIED ABOUT HER BOYFRIEND, SPENCER REID. That was a total lie, she worried about him all the time. But never more often than not.

      He hardly ever stayed at the apartment anymore. He was always out, he was always awake when Casey was asleep. He was always more on-edge. He never even spoke to the girl anymore. Yeah, there was small talk and everything but it was starting to get smaller and smaller and Casey was starting to worry.

Today, Casey had arrived at the BAU and found out that they had a case that Spencer had found himself. She had gotten to the roundtable room as Spencer explained the case.

       "I agree with Reid. We've got a serial on our hands." Rossi stated as Casey looked over at her boyfriend with the monitor remote in his left hand and a cup of coffee in his right. "Ten days ago, Joseph Purl, a 33-year-old logger, was found just outside Rapid City, South Dakota. To be exact, the dismembered body parts of Joseph Purl were found in the woods outside of Rapid City, South Dakota. Local PD believes his body had been there about a week before a hiker found them, but he's not the first victim. The first victim—"

        Spencer was beginning to struggle with the remote, which made Garcia chirp in. "Oh-- squeeze it. It gets stuck sometimes. Do you want me to take over?" Garcia offered but Spencer shook his head. "No, I got it." Suddenly, the screen started going berserk and Spencer gave in and gave the remote to Garcia. "Yeah, maybe you better."

       Garcia stood up as she took the remote. "I have it memorized, so I don't have to look at the gross. The first victim is Raymond Nava, 31, originally from Texas. He was a seasonal truck driver for a logging company. His dismembered body was found within the border of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, which is 60 miles south of Rapid City." She explained.

       "So nobody else was able to make the connection between the two victims?" Morgan asked. "Nava's under tribal and local FBI jurisdiction, and Purl's Rapid City, PD. The two agencies never spoke." Reid explained.

       "They're speaking now, thanks to the good doctor." Garcia smiled and Casey smiled at her boyfriend and Spencer gave his girlfriend a tight-lipped smile and looked down. "But PD says that the Bureau investigation of Nava has been lacking. Would you call that a slam or a bitch slap?" Garcia asked. "Definitely a bitch slap." Casey nodded, jokingly.

      "Is this still blowback of Leonard Peltier? The government's been accused of ignoring crimes on the reservation since '75." Rossi told. "Well, Peltier did kill two FBI agents who were searching for a robbery suspect. It's hard to forget." Hotch told.