𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊𝒊. surrendering

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: SURRENDERING !

━━━━━━

IT HAD BEEN A FEW WEEKS WITH CASEY BEING OFF CRUTCHES AND HONESTLY, SHE WAS RELIVED. There was one more thing she was worried about though and it made her tense. She focused on her work, beginning to get her mind off of anything today.

Spencer had come up to Casey's desk and spoke as he placed a bag filled with two glazed donuts in front of her."Hey." Spencer spoke and pecked his girlfriend on the lips as she turned towards him. "Hey." Casey smiled.

"You ready for this weekend?" Spencer asked and Casey furrowed her brows. Once Spencer saw that she didn't get it, he reminded her slowly. "The mini-vacation we were gonna take while everyone else is out on a case." The team had been on their way to Kentucky right as they were speaking, dealing with bodies that looked like an animal had killed them but the county wasn't sure.

Casey then reminded herself that she had put that in her calendar. "Oh, yeah, that." She stood up and got some jerky from her bag and Spencer followed her as she went to go and get some more coffee and she chewed the jerky. "You know, maybe we should stay in. Cozy up, watch Friends reruns." She had just explained every date they had had for the past few weeks.

"I thought you said you wanted to go to New York." Spencer furrows his brows. "Yeah, but don't you think it's too much?" Casey asks. "Nothing's too much when I'm with you." Spencer steps closer to the girl and Casey pecks his lips. "Why you gotta be so cheesy?" She jokes.

"Is that a yes for New York?" Reid asks. "You really wanna go, huh?" Casey asks. "Well, there's an art museum there I'd like to check out and Hotch already said we can take the jet." Casey saw Spencer's little puppy eyes and knew she had to give in. Who could say no to that? "Yes. It's a yes." Casey tells.

"Okay, we should be heading to the jet now. You got your stuff?" Spencer asks and Casey nods, "Yes." With that, Casey watched Spencer rush off and she looks at the jerky in her hand and sighs. Guess she was going on this trip.

━━━━━━

      Spencer had hardly noticed how off his girlfriend's behavior was. He had just figured that she wasn't in the mood to go on a trip — which was true for Casey. She'd prefer to stay home, talk through some things, cuddle a bit, maybe.

      Spencer was more focused on making sure that him and his girlfriend were gonna have a good time together. That's all he really wanted out of the trip. For them to have time together.

       The jet ride was quiet and that was the way they preferred it. They had enjoyed their quiet little time together in the jet. It reminded Casey of the quiet Sundays in the apartment, where Spencer would read and Casey would watch her re-runs or read herself. Spencer would play classical music, Casey would make finger sandwiches to the best of her ability. But they were content. The time where they were quiet definitely impacted more than when they were loud. Not fighting, more like... pleasurable sounds. And those times were often... but y'all didn't hear that from me.