𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. the calm before

CHAPTER EIGHTY-TWO: THE CALM BEFORE !

11x21

━━━━━━

GARCIA CALLED THE TEAM IN FOR A RATHER PECULIAR CASE. "Two years ago, 12-year old Adam Morrissey vanished on his way from school from Franklin, Virginia." Garcia started. "At the time, he was living with his mother, who had just gone through a bitter divorce."

     "I remember this," Rossi spoke. "His mother and local authorities believed he was abducted by his father and taken to Mexico."

      Garcia nodded, "Yes. And then three months after that, 13-year-old, Jimmy Bennett, went missing from Richmond, Virginia, 75 miles away. He was in foster care because both of his parents were drug addicts. He had run away once before, so police assumed that it happened again."

     "The cases were thought to be unrelated until last night." Hotch informed. "That is when prison guards at Fletcham Correctional Center intercepted an incoming package containing the clothes both boys were last seen in." Garcia showed the clothes found on the screen.

      "DNA samples from skin cells found on the clothing were confirmed to match the missing boys, so we know the items are authentic." Hotch stated. "And there's dried blood on the clothes. That's not a good sign." Vivian added.

      "Who was the package being sent to?" Spencer asked, to which Hotch answered with, "Antonia Slade."

       "Antonia Slade," Casey muttered to herself as she looked at the mugshot of the woman on the screen. "Where have I heard that name before?" She asks.

        Rossi is in disbelief. "You don't say." He says. "She was a serial killer captured fifteen years ago, right?" Tara asks and Rossi nods, "The Runaway Killer. She was a clinical social worker and she started this Runaway hotline in order to lure her preferred victims, young teens, to her home." Rossi then looks over at Casey. "Gideon was on that case." Casey nodded, "Explains why it seems familiar."

        "It says here that she lived with her long-time lover Phil Garmin, who shot himself when police arrived. They found 9 bodies-- 5 girls, 4 boys-- wrapped in plastic, encased behind the drywall of her basement. All the victims had been shot in the back of the head." Spencer read off of the file.

       "It drove Gideon crazy that she never talked about the murders after her arrest. She never explained why she did it." Rossi told. "And she never has." Hotch added.

      "Is there any information on the package itself?" Vivian asks. "The package was postmarked in Roanoke. The return address was the prison. When police went to question the post office, no one could recall who sent it." Garcia explained.