33

Jacob POV

I sat in the living room watching cartoons until I heard crying from the bedroom.
"Shit." I muttered under my breath, standing up and hurrying to the bedroom. I opened the door and saw Luca sitting up on his bottom in the middle of the bed, crying softly and holding Jupiter close to him.
"Dady..!!" He cried out, taking a lot of shallow breaths.
"Hey, hey, Bubby. It's okay!" I soothed him, sitting on the bed. He quickly climbed into my lap and held my tight while I rocked him.
"Shhh, it's okay hun. Dady's gonna be home soon." I reassured him.
"N-nightmare!!" He exclaimed, wiping his eyes.
"Oh, poor baby. It's okay, it's just a nightmare." I said, laying my head on top of his.
"W-want Dady!" He cried out, trying to take bigger breath.

"I know, Daddy's gonna be home soon. But, right now you gotta breath, okay?" I said, rubbing his back.
"Just copy me." I instructed him before taking a big breath, holding it, then breathing out. I kept going until Luca started breathing independently.
"Good job.. you did so good.." I mumbled while I kept rocking him. He sniffled and rubbed his face on my chest.
"I know it's hard to be away from Dady for so long..." I empathized with him.
"Y-yeah.." He mumbled. I scratched his head until he took his head out of my shirt and looked up at me.
"Feel better?" I asked, moving my hands from his head to his back. He nodded and I stood up, taking his stuffie with us, and carried him into the kitchen.

"You hungry? You want a snack?" I asked him. Kayden said he could eat whenever but that he doesn't normally eat alot. He nodded and mumbled a please. I sat him down on the counter and opened the top cabinet Kayden said his snacks were in. I feel like if he had a preference on which one Kayden would've told me so I just grabbed an applesauce and spoon. I picked him back up and sat him at the table, setting down his snack and spoon. I opened his snack and let him do it. He sat down Jupiter on the chair next to him and began feeding himself. I leaned against the washer and kinda scrolled on my phone, more watching Luca than anything. That was until the door opened and Kayden stepped into the kitchen. Luca turned his head so fast it must've hurt.
"Dady!" He shouted, putting down his spoon and running over to him.

Kayden POV

"Hi baby! Did you have fun with Jacob?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his waist.
"I-I color!" He shouted, smiling up at me.
"Oh yeah? Go get them and show me!" I exclaimed, patting his back before he ran into the living room.
"How'd today go with him?" I asked Jacob, walking over to him.
"He did good, he listened to me and took a nap after a but. The only thing I'd think to tell you was that he had a nightmare but, I don't know how normal that is for him." He said, turning off his phone and setting it in his pocket.
"Yeah, he doesn't have them all the time but I'm not surprised when he has them." I explained, adjusting my uniform. It had started digging into my waist.
"Lookie!!" Luca shouted, hurrying up to me.
"You did so good! You're such a good artist. I'll put these up on the fridge tonight." I told him, making him smile and stimm.

"Say bye bye!" I told Luca, waving bye to Jacob.
"Bye bye, Jacob!" He shouted, clinging onto me while Jacob walked out the door. I closed it behind him and picked up Luca.
"C'mon. Daddy's gotta change." I said, carrying him into my room and setting him on the dresser while I dug through for clothes. Luca babbled while I took of my uniform and swapped into my clean clothes. I heard his tummy rumble as I put my shirt on.
"Oh poor boy. You didn't finish your snack did you?" I asked, picking him up. He shook his head and gasped, confusing me.

"Jupiter.." He mumbled as I walked into the kitchen. I sat him down on his feet and he rushed over to his stuffie, picking him up and holding him close.
"Do you want dinner, Love?" I asked, begining to open the fridge. I went grocery shopping the other day with Luca but there wasn't alot he knew of, let alone knew he liked.
"Hungry.." He mumbled, walking up to me.
"Okay, I'll make dinner." I mumbled, grabbing the chicken and bacon from the bottom shelf. One of my co-workers brought bacon-wrapped chicken to work and it was actually really good. Plus it wasn't hard to do, you literally wrap it then put it in the oven. I started making dinner and Luca sat down on the kitchen tile, playing pretend with his stuffie.