38

I heard a knock on the door and shot up. Was it Dady? Jacob stood up and walked out to the kitchen, me at his heels. Jacob opened the door and it was Dady.
"Dady!! I missed you so much!!" I shouted as Jacob shifted out of the way of the doorway. Dady stepped into the kitchen and I quickly wrapped my arms around him, clinging onto him.
"Oh hi there, Baby. I missed you too." He said, picking me up and kissing the tip of my nose. He closed the door behind him and started talking to Jacob. I kinda got anxious, hoping he didn't ask Jacob about my band-aids.

"Anything happen while I was at work? I noticed you called me earlier but I couldn't pick up cause of my meeting. Then I forgot on the way over." He said, rubbing my back. Oh no...
"Well, we called cause he got sad and wanted to talk to you." Jacob said, giving me a little hope he'll skip over my self harming.
"Luca do you wanna tell Dady what you did?" He asked gently, making Dady stare at me confused. I laid my head on Dady chest and shook my head alot.
"Okay, well.. he scratched himself and it looked like a friction burn, but I'm also not a nurse." He said, making Dady take a breath.
"On purpose..?" Dady quietly asked, holding me a bit tighter. I guess Jacob nodded because I didn't hear him answer, but I did hear Dady mumble an okay.
"Thank you for watching him, I should be off tommorow but yknow, I could be called in." He said before him and Jacob said goodbye.

Dady walked out the front door, closing in behind him before silently putting me in the car. I sniffled while he got in his side the same and pull out of Jacob's driveway.
"'M sory.." I whispered, holding myself tight.
"Baby, I'm not mad I just thought you were getting over that.." He mumbled, making me feel horrible.
"I didn't mean to..!" I cried out, begging myself not to cry for real.
"Bubba... I know you hate when I'm sad but I can't help but think you don't feel loved.." He opened up.
"I do! I know Dady loves me.. I jus get really sad and don't think right.." I whimpered, praying Dady didn't break it off with me.
"Dady, I promise me never do it again! Jus please don't leave! I need Dady and I sory!" I pleaded, putting my head on the dash and crying.
"Baby.." He said, sighing. That's all he said as he pulled over and turned the keys, turning off the car.

"Come here, Baby." He said, unbuckling me and him. I sobbed and climbed into his lap with his help.
"I know you do love me. And I know, you know that I love you. It just hurts when I see you do that to yourself. That the little boy I love so much, doesn't love himself." He said as my body racked with sobs, clinging onto him. He patted my back and hummed while I tried to calm myself.
"I wanna do better for you.. I don wanna make Dady sad.." I said, sniffling and gently pulling my head away from his chest.
"Then could you pretty, pretty please tell me when you want to do that. Or Jacob when I'm working. I know it can be uncomfy to say it out loud, but I swear me and Jacob will do everything under the sun to make you feel better. Hell, I know Jacob would rather eat glass than see you cry." Dady said, making me feel a little obligated.

Not in a bad way, I want to make Dady happy and feel better. I don't like when I hurt him, even on accident. I nodded and Dady wiped my tears from my cheeks.
"Thank you lovely." He said, kissing my cheek.
"Will I still get cuddles and kissies..?" I gently asked. I hope I still do but I know I was bad.
"Oh Baby, of course. When I said you would if you were good, I meant being rude. I meant talking back and being mean. You weren't being mean, you were sad." He said, surprising me.
"K-kiss..?" I quietly asked, sniffling. He smiled and pulled my face to close to him and then kissed my lips gently.

I kissed him back, cupping his cheeks. He slowly pulled away and smiled at me, making me giggle.
"Dady's so pretty.." I mumbled, pulling my hands away from his face.
"Aw, thank you. My little baby is very pretty too." He said, booping my nose.
"But, we've gotta get home and get some food in your tummy." I nodded and climbed back into my seat, Dady reached across me and buckling me in. I swung my leggies while he drove home, watching the street lights and trees.