68

Jacob POV

The next morning, Luca had a hurt throat and was coughing a lot when I woke him up. I made him blow his nose, cause he was breathing through his mouth, before looking at his throat.
"Sit down in front of me," I instructed him, turning on my phone flashlight. He did as I told him, almost sitting in my lap. But that's not a hindrance, so I don't mind.
"Open your mouth. Stick out your tongue." I told him, holding it up at him. He listened, letting me get a good look before he pulled away from me and coughed again.
"Babe, it's red, and it might be strep. But I don't know for sure." I mumbled, turning off my flashlight.
"I'm gonna get you cold medicine." He pouted but let me get up. I decided on cherry over grape, since it's liquid and grape fucking sucks. I poured out the recommended amount and called for Luca to come and take it.

He hurried out and grimaced before taking it like a shot.
"There you go.." I gently encouraged him, watching him chase it with water. He cleared his throat, sounding pained, and sniffled.
"Aw I'm sorry, you probably just caught a bug," I told him, making him smile a little.
"A little bitty bug," He giggled, handing me the medicine cup.
"Go get dressed, okay?" I told him. Last night I went ahead and washed his clothes, Spade letting him wear something to sleep in. I washed everything but my boxers, and Spade's letting me wear some of his today. He ran off to the bedroom, letting me quickly wash the cup.

"Papa!" Luca shouted, rushing out to me in the kitchen.
"What is it?" I asked, running my hands through my hair.
"My tummy." He whined, pulling up his shirt and showing me his stomach. With a bruise across his side, somewhat onto his belly. For a second I didn't know what it could've been from, and then I remembered when Kayden shoved him against the dresser. I sighed and gently rubbed it, making Luca smile a bit.
"You're so silly.." He mumbled, leaning up and gently kissing me.
"You're silly. Go get your shoes on." I told him, slipping on my tennis shoes. He wanted to be considerate and leave his at the front door, out of the way. He quickly went and put them on, needing me to tie them. I did and helped him into the truck, texting Kayden we were on our way. I already called him and figured the plans out before Luca woke up.

"Papa.. is he gonna be mean?" He quietly asked as I unbuckled him.
"Well..." I started, "He might be, but I'm not gonna let him do anything other than get loud. I promise." I soothed him, opening the truck door and getting out. He followed after me into the restaurant and told them we were waiting on someone. I held Luca close to me, continuing to check if Kayden had answered yet.
"I'm outside." He eventually replied. I sighed and rubbed Luca's back, waiting for Kayden to walk in. He did and looked Luca up and down before turning to me. He was about to say something when the hostess told us she could seat us. I told her that would be great and followed her, leading Luca to a table in the back near the bar.

She asked about drinks and I went ahead and got Luca water because I felt like anything else would be acidic and would hurt his throat. Then I got myself it too because I didn't want to be unfair. Kayden got a bud lite, making me frown but not make a comment. I'm not gonna make him mad and have him take it out on Luca.
"What did you want to talk about last night?" I asked, starting the conversation.
"I'm starting to see someone again, and they're messing with my meds. I'm trying. I really am." He mumbled, glancing at Luca.  But Luca wasn't paying attention. He looked so confused and was looking around behind him like he was looking for something.

Luca POV
"Luca!" I heard someone distinctly shout, but it wasn't Kayden or Jacob. They were talking already, and it didn't sound like them. It sounded like my mom... I quickly turned around, seeing only families or couples in their own conversations. I continued to search around the restaurant, at least what I could see, and no one was even looking at me.
"What is it?" Papa asked, getting my attention again and making me turn my head back to him.
"Nothin I guess.." I mumbled. I guess I'm hearing things.
"Well, if you're willing to do that then I can come back.." He mumbled, turning his attention back to Dady. I smiled just a little. I'm glad they're making up. I missed Dady and I want them to make up.
"Dady," I quietly giggled, tapping my feet under the table.

"Are you guys ready to order?" The waitress asked, walking up to our table. The two next to me said yes and got something to eat, apparently ordering for me too But, I didn't mind at all. She brought back plates, setting something pasta related in front of me. Probably for my throat, which I appreciated the thought of. It was white, not red, so I think it was Alfredo.
I rocked myself a little and ate some of it, more than I normally would because it actually was super good. But it hurt my tummy later.

"Owie... Daddy fix it?" I quietly asked, looking up at him.
"I'll get you medicine in a little, Babe. I don't exactly carry tums on me." He told me, helping me up into Papa's truck. I pouted but let him, trying to buckle myself in. Papa helped me as he turned his keys in the ignition. I leaned over to the passenger door and gently kissed Dadys cheek before he pulled away. He told me bye and closed the door, letting Jacob pull out of the parking lot and drive back to Spade's house.