69

Luca POV

Papa drove us into Spade's driveway, I don't exactly know why though. I don't think we left anything, but maybe it's just to be nice and say bye-bye. I hopped out of the truck and followed after Papa who was already going up to the front door. He walked in, holding the door open for me. I hurried in after him and let him talk to Spade while I silently stimmed.
"You're gonna go back?" I heard him ask Papa, catching my attention and making me frown. Dady said he was gonna do better so why be mean about it?
"H-he's gonna be better." I quietly informed him, making him smile sadly at me. I didn't like that though, it made me feel like I was just stupid.
"Well, no matter what, my house is unlocked for you both if something else happens." He changed the subject. I pouted but didn't say anything. Dady said he was gonna get better... He's not gonna do that again, he promised... Jacob thanked him and gave him a tight hug before leaving with me, Jupiter in his hands.

He got all the way back to Dady's house and pulled in behind his car before turning to me and gently kissing my lips.
"I love you, Babes." He told me.
"I lovies you, too." I giggled, completely oblivious if he was trying to tell me something else.

I hopped out of his truck and ran up to the door and quickly opened the front door.
"Dady!" I shouted, pulling my hoodie off and pulling off my shoes. I didn't bother to untie them. He peeked his head out of the bedroom and smiled at me before stepping out into the kitchen. I ran over to him, pulling him into a hug and accidentally making him stumble into the wall with how hard I ran into him. He giggled and gripped me hard, laying his head on mine.
"I missed you so much, Bubbas..." He whispered, smoothing out my hair. L
"I missed ya, too." I said, looking up at him and beaming.
"You're smile is so pretty..." He mumbled. I stimmed a little and heard Papa come inside.
"Kay Kay, do you have cold medicine?" He asked, closing the door behind him.
"Mhm, does he need it?" Dady asked.
"Not now, but probably later." He said, walking over to us. Dady suddenly picked me up, making me giggle.
"Papa, Jupiter?" I quietly asked, somewhat slurring my words.
"Oh, fu-" He started, quickly cutting himself off.
"Lemme go get him from the truck.' He continued, grabbing his car keys and walking out the front door. I smiled a little and kissed Dady's cheek, swinging my leggies.

I guess Dady didn't have medicine, cause when Papa said I was supposed to take it he couldn't find it.
"Hey, I can to the store real quick and grab some cause I guess I don't have any." He told Papa, rubbing my head without looking at me.
"Ya, Sure. He'll probably need it later if we don't get it now anyways." Papa agreed. Dady exhaled quietly, putting his shoes on, then grabbing his keys.
"I go, too?" I asked, quickly trying to get his attention. He hesitated, but I didn't give him a chance to tell me no before trying to convince him.
"I even still got my shoes on.." I tried to encourage him, messing with my bottom lip. I didn't even care about the store, I just wanted to spend some time with him.
"It's okay, I'll be back. It's only gonna be 10 minutes." He reasoned with me before kissing my head. I silently let him leave, reaching up for Papa seconds after he left.  I don't know why, but it felt like I was with my mom again when she'd leave for a couple of days at a time.

I kept checking the time on the stove, making sure every few minutes for when Dady was supposed to come back. It hit 7:38, exactly 10 minutes after he left, and every minute after just made me feel worse.
"Papa..?" I whispered, turning away from the stove to look over at him at the table.
"Baby, it's not even 8. When it hits 8, you can get concerned." He told me, not making me feel any better. It just made me feel like I was being stupid, but I couldn't help being scared Dady wasn't gonna come back. I sniffled and sat down on the kitchen floor, hugging Jupiter close to me.
"Luca, he's gonna be back. I promise, Babes." He tried to console me. I chewed on my bottom lip and didn't answer, only keeping a hold on Jupiter.

Well, it got to 8 pm. Safe to say I was getting concerned well before that.
"Papa, where's Dady.." I quietly asked, climbing up in his lap.
"I'm sure he'll be home soon, Bubba." He told me, rubbing my back but not looking at me. I sniffled and climbed up on his lap, gently kissing his cheek and forehead. He smiled and kissed my nose over and over, making me giggle. I quickly pulled away and sneezed, making sure to cover my mouth and nose like how they taught us in elementary.
"Aw, bless you. That one must've hurt," Papa observed. I nodded a little bit and perked up when the front door opened.
"Dady!" I shouted, climbing off Papa's lap and running into the kitchen. He smiled and quickly picked me up, cooing at me and making me feel tiny as ever.

"Hi, Bubbas," He cooed. I smiled and kissed his lips, rubbing my face after. He carried me into the living room, setting me on Papa's lap and grabbing medicine from the plastic bag. I pouted but didn't complain and let Dady pour out the recommended dosage. I kinda like taking cold medicine... I don't know what's about it, but I like the taste I think. I just don't want people to get concerned about it, so I act like I don't. He handed me the little cup and I quickly tossed it back, pretending to not like it before handing Dady the little cup.
"C'mere, Babe," Papa mumbled, pulling me close and kissing my lips while Dady went back into the kitchen for a second. I all of a sudden didn't really want kisses, but I still wanted cuddles and I wanted to sleep. I kissed Papa for a couple of seconds before pulling away. I laid on top of his chest and felt Papa gently start to rub my lower back, which felt really good. I actually started to fall asleep until he stood up and carried me somewhere, making me whine.
"Mmm.. I'm sleepy!" I complained as he laid me on a bed. I think it was the downstairs one cause I didn't feel him go upstairs. But maybe I'm stupid. Regardless, it only took a couple seconds for me to completely fall asleep again.