15

As soon as the lights dimmed and the majority of the people in the arena left, Lindsay and I stood with obvious confusion plastered across our faces. We looked around the arena for someone to guide us or tell us where to go. Harry mentioned earlier on the phone to stay back and wait after the show for someone to bring Lindsay and I backstage, but at the moment it seemed like no one was on their way. 

"Should we leave..?" Lindsay asked, turning to face me. 

I shook my head, looking over her shoulder at the man in brown khakis and a blue t-shirt walking slowly towards us. He continued to type on his phone, not bothering to look up as he made his way over.  

"William's back." I said, nudging my head towards the man. Eventually, William tucked his phone back into his pocket and looked up at Lindsay and I. He sighed, and I could swear I saw him roll his eyes.  

When he was about five feet away, William raised his brows. "Well? Are you just going to stand there? Let's go." He said, turning back around and walking toward the direction he came from. 

Lindsay and I both looked at each other before following William. Lindsay had no patience for rude people, and I could tell it was killing her not to say anything back to him. 

As we walked I looked over at her, nudging her with my shoulder when she didn't look back at me and continued to glare at William. When Lindsay looked at me, I raised my brows in a silent way of telling her to be nice. 

"I am!" Lindsay said, not understanding the concept of talking without words. 

"What?" William asked, quickly glancing over his shoulder at the two of us before turning back and looking forward. 

"Nothing." Lindsay said. "Sorry." 

William continued walking forward, and after a couple more strides he looked back at us again with a hint of a smirk on his lips. 

"So, how's it feel to be the chosen ones?" He asked nonchalantly. 

I raised my brow. "What?" 

"Oh, you know..." William said, slowing his pace and waiting for Lindsay and I to walk alongside him. "The chosen ones." 

"What the hell are you-"  

"What chosen ones?" I asked, cutting Lindsay off. 

"The girls the boys notice from the audience and choose to bring backstage, then to their hotel. You must've heard about them doing this before... I mean, they are teenage boys." William looked over at me and pouted. "You thought you were special, didn't you?"  

"What the hell is your prob-" 

"We're not the chosen ones, and we're not going back to the boys hotel." I said, cutting Lindsay off once more. "I'm a friend of Harry's." 

"What kind of friend?" William asked, still smirking. That smirk was really starting to piss me off. 

"Just a friend."  

"Right." William nodded, looking straight ahead. "How long have you and Harry known each other?" 

"Three months."  

William looked over at me, eyeing me up and down. "He's kept you around for three months and you guys are just friends? You really want me to believe that?"  

I narrowed my brows at William. "Why is that so hard to believe?"  

William's smirk reappeared on his face. His expression then changed to a look of pity. "You really don't know Harry, do you?"