19

As soon as my alarm clock began to beep, I climbed out of bed so fast I felt lightheaded. Usually I found the repetitive beeping annoying and cringe-worthy, but today I found myself smiling as I tapped the top of it to turn it off. I felt my heart drop in my chest as I reminded myself of what today was.

I get to see Harry today.

I jogged to my bathroom and turned the knobs in the shower to make the water the perfect temperature. Eagerly, I stripped down and leapt inside, jumping back when ice cold water splashed against my skin. After I adjusted the heat I sighed and continued to shower, my mind racing from thought to thought like a rapid rabbit.

After our little conversation and finally admitting how we both felt about one another, things sort of took off. Not in the sense that Harry and I were in a relationship, but the way we acted toward one another changed. We'd always been comfortable with each other, but now that we knew that the feelings we felt were mutual, we opened up to each other more.

Being flirty and confident has never been in my nature, but at least now if I told Harry he was cute or complimented him in any way I didn't have to play it off. Harry had this habit of getting really bashful whenever I'd compliment him, which would only make me drag on the compliments. It's bizarre that Harry has girls throw themselves at him every day, but a small compliment from me made his cheeks turn red.

I felt a smile grow on my lips as I remembered him smirking and looking down from his webcam, shaking his head slightly after I'd complimented him on his pictures from the Vogue photo shoot. He let out a breathy laugh and looked up again to the screen to expose his light pink shaded cheeks, and dimpled smile.

I leaped out of the shower after shampooing and conditioning, wrapping a towel around my hair and another around my body. I turned on the fan in the bathroom to try to clear up the fog as I grabbed my toothbrush and spread toothpaste onto the bristles. I brushed my teeth, feeling sort of rushed as a cause of my excitement. I didn't have to rush, Harry's plane wouldn't land for another two hours.

By the time I finished brushing my teeth the fan had cleared the steam off of the mirror so I was able to see my reflection. I finished my make up in record time, then moved onto my hair. It took roughly twenty minutes to blow dry my hair completely, then I plugged in my curling iron. As it heated I went to my room and got changed into a pair of shorts and a light rayon blouse that hung loose on my shoulders. After I checked over my outfit I walked back to my bathroom and added loose curls to my hair.

Once I was completely ready I dialed Lindsay's number as I jogged down the stairs. After three rings, Lindsay picked up.

"Ready?" She asked instead of answering her phone with a normal 'hello?'.

"Yep!" I said, turning into the kitchen. My mom smiled at me from the kitchen table and nudged her head in the direction of a plate of french toast.

"Alright, I'm on my way!" Lindsay said, and hung up. I slipped my phone into my pocket as I sat down next to my mom, digging into my french toast without a second thought.

"How long is Harry staying?" Mom asked.

"No idea." I said through a mouthful of french toast. Attractive. After I swallowed I continued. "Depends how long it takes to finish all of their promoting. He'll probably only be here for a couple of days."

"Well, tell him he's welcome to come here anytime! I'd love to meet him!"

I looked at my mom and laughed. "Okay, mom."

My mom smiled contently as if she really believed I would rush to bring Harry here. Just as I finished my french toast I heard a honk from outside and got up, drinking a bit of my water hurriedly before rushing to the front door. I slipped on my flip flops and ran outside, quickly shouting bye to my mom before closing the door behind me.