32

When I got back to school after the break things went back to normal. I focused on school, and on my first day back I agreed to go shoe shopping with Tori, one of my only friends in my class.

"So, how was your break?" Tori asked as her eyes scanned over the shelves, looking over the multiple pairs of sneakers. Across the street from the campus was a little marketplace with a shoe store conveniently placed right in the center.

"It was good. How was yours?" I asked as I eyed a pair of white sneakers with bright pink soles.

"Amazing. I probably slept four hours throughout the entire break." Tori said, looking to me with a smile. "Did you go out much?"

I shook my head. "Not really, no."

"What'd you do, then?"

I shrugged. "I spent a lot of the break with my boyfriend and best friend, I guess."

Tori gasped. "You never told me you had a boyfriend!"

I smiled and shrugged, walking towards the white sneakers and picking them up. "These are nice, huh?"

"Oh, so your shy."

That wasn't it. If I could I would talk to everyone about Harry, but I didn't want to say too much. I couldn't.

"I guess so," I lied, placing the white Nike's back on the shelf.

"What's his name?" Tori pushed.

I swallowed and looked back at her. "Edward."

"How'd you meet?"

I bit my cheek. "We just stumbled across each other." I said, turning and walking to to look at a new selection of shoes.

"Where?" She asked, following me.

"It's complicated." I said, running my finger along the soles of another pair of sneakers.

"Right..." Tori said, stepping in front of me. "We should go on a double date, then you could meet my boyfriend, too. That'd be fun, right?"

"It would, but he's not from here-"

"Where's he from?"

"Well, I mean he, like, um-" I let out a breath, trying to collect myself. "He's in England for school."

Tori's eyes widened. "Really? That's awesome. What's he taking?"

I stared at her for a couple of seconds before blurting, "A music class."

"Wicked..." Tori said, then she sighed. "Your boyfriend seems a lot more interesting than mine." Then she went on to tell me about the story of how she and her boyfriend met at a party.

For the next two weeks I ran on a schedule. I woke up, went to school, got home, did homework, Skyped Harry, and saw Lindsay every second day. Trevor even came out with Lindsay and I for dinner once, briefly asking me about Harry, then dropping the subject.

I stood in my bedroom, looking at my calendar. It was almost January twentieth. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and frowned when I saw the long distance number, assuming that it was a telemarketer.

"Hello?" I answered, waiting for a pre-recorded voice to talk back.

"Macy?" A voice replied.

I knit my eyebrows together. "Louis?"

"Hey, love!" Louis said back. "How are you?"

"I'm good," I said, still confused as to why Louis was calling me. I turned and began walking towards my bed. "How are you?"