44

Harry's POV 

Somehow the boys had managed to talk me into having a night out. Supposedly moping around is not an acceptable thing to do when you get broken up with. I stood against the wall and held up my wrist to check my watch. Only twenty minutes had gone by and I already wanted to go home. 

It would be close to 6:30 back in New York.

What was she doing right now? Was she thinking about me? Did she miss me even a little bit? 

Probably not, considering she wanted nothing to do with me now.

"I got you a drink. Doesn't look like you're going to be leaving this wall anytime soon." Niall said, holding a beer bottle towards me. 

I took it graciously. "Thanks." I said before bringing the drink up to my lips. I closed my eyes and continued to chug it back, ignoring the burning tingle the beer left as it traveled down my throat. A part of me knew that it was stupid, but I wanted to drink until I managed to forget about Macy. I wanted to stop thinking about how miserable I was. I wanted to push it all away. Maybe alcohol could help, even if it was just for tonight. 

"Whoa, mate." Niall laughed, patting my shoulder. I brought the bottle away from my lips and saw that it was just a sip away from being empty. "Want me to get you another?" 

I shook my head and brought the bottle up to my lips to finish it. "I've got it." 

I trudged toward the bar, ignoring all of the lingering stares I got as I passed. When the bartender looked at me I held my bottle up and flicked my eyebrows. Within seconds I had a full bottle in my grasp. 

----------

Macy's POV

Lindsay forbid me to mope. I tried to convince her that I wasn't moping, and that I really was just tired from waking up early for school, but she knew better. 

"It'll be great, Mace!" She told me. "Trevor will be there, and a bunch of people and alcohol." 

So far, it wasn't so great. And Trevor was nowhere in sight. I hadn't even spoken to him in what felt like forever. I sighed and lent against the wall, turning away from the couple making out beside me. I lost Lindsay practically as soon as we arrived to the house party and knew I wouldn't see her again until the end of the night when we were going home. This is how all parties were for us, well, the few that we actually went to together. 

I brought my red solo cup up to my lips, looking around the room as I took a sip. Finally, a familiar blonde haired boy walked into the living room just twenty feet before me. I felt myself smile and wave when he looked over to me. Trevor smiled back, instantly making his way towards me. 

"Macy Turner, good to see you again." 

I smiled and gave him a hug when he lent in. "You know, a text every once in a while wouldn't kill you." 

Trevor shrugged. "I didn't want to bother you. You must have been busy since you started dating your a-list celebrity boyfriend. I mean, I see your face everywhere-" Trevor stopped talking when he noticed my smile vanished. "What happened?" He asked with honest concern. 

"We broke up." I said, taking another sip of my drink. 

"When?" 

"A couple of days ago." 

"I'm sorry, Mace." Trevor said. 

"It's okay." I said with a forced smile. 

Trevor sighed and shook his head, a small smile spreading on his lips. "You were forced to this party tonight, weren't you?"