30

I sat on the couch and nervously turned towards Harry. I felt like I was back in grade school, waiting for the principal to come into his office and yell at me. The yelling had already started, but the voices were muffled through the wall, at least.

"I'm sorry." I said, looking at Harry who was hunched forward, his elbows resting on his legs and his forhead pressed against his clenched fists. When I spoke, he turned his head to me, his cheeks still resting on his fists. When his eyes took in mine and noticed how genuinely sorry and scared I was, his brows turned and he sat up, shaking his head.

"No, Mace, don't be. It was my fault. You didn't do anything." He said, turning his body so he was faced towards me on the couch.

"It was my idea-"

"Stop." Harry said, taking my hand in his. Once our fingers entwined and he gave my hand a comforting squeeze I took a deep breath and nodded. "It'll be fine, William over reacts sometimes." He said as his thumb brushed over the back of my hand.

Just then, the door burst open and William stormed in. His brows were narrowed and his nostrils flared.

"Do you have any idea what you've just done, Harry?!" He shouted, pointing a finger. Harry stayed quiet, "You've already been seen with another girl when you were seen kissing Victoria just the other day! And you were sneaking around! Do you know what the articles will say? All those 'womanizer' rumours will start again, and most people are going to clue in that your relationship with Victoria was fake!"

William continued to scream and I looked over to Harry when his hand tensed to see his chest rising and falling quicker, and his lips bit back between his teeth to refrain from talking back. I squeezed his hand, hoping to at least relax him a little bit. Harry looked over at me his narrowed brows relaxing, then he closed his eyes. He looked exhausted. And he probably was. Being a puppet for these people exhausted him, I knew that. All he wanted was to do what he wanted for once.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!"

Harry's eyes shot opened, and he looked back to William. "You're not speaking to me, William. You're screaming." Harry said, his voice flat.

William grew angrier, "Don't you dare talk back to me, Harry." He spat.

"Who are you?" Harry asked, shaking his head. "What makes you think you have any right to treat me this way? You're not my dad, William... Hell, my own Dad doesn't even treat me like you do! Learn your place."

"My place?!" William shouted. Then his eyes moved over to me. I felt my heart drop from the crazed look in his eyes. "It's her fault! Since she's gotten into the picture things have continued to go wrong. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for her!"

Harry stood and let go of my hand, taking a couple of steps towards William. I was surprised when William took a few steps back, his expression startled before he composed himself. Harry was over a foot taller than him, I'd be nervous, too.

"Don't you dare bring Macy into this. I never wanted to fake a relationship with Victoria in the first place, so if you want someone to blame, blame yourself." Then he turned to me, and outstretched his hand. "Mace, let's go."

I placed my hand in his and got up, avoiding William's eyes. He terrified me.

"Where do you think you're going?!" William shouted as Harry and I walked past him and towards the door.

Harry didn't answer, he just continued to walk out of the room. This was the first time I'd seen Harry angry, and I didn't really know how to react. We continued to walk through the hallways then took the stairwell down a flight of stairs until we reached the lobby of the smaller hotel that the band's management were all staying in. The hotel was practically vacant, so no one really noticed Harry and I as we rushed to the car park. Once Harry pushed the door open, he let go of my hand and walked forward, his hands moving to his hair. His face fell forward and I felt my heart drop.