157

[Luca POV]

A week or so later, Daddy told me I had to go to Carter's since Daddy had to work. It wasn't specifically Carter that I didn't wanna see. It was just leaving the house in general that I was opposed to.
"Dady..." I whispered, holding onto his hand as he rang Carter's doorbell.
"Hm?" He asked, slipping his phone into his pocket.
"Go home?" I questioned, trying to make myself get even closer to him.
"Bubba, I have to work. And babies can't stay home all alone," He told me, making me frown a little.
"Want home..." I whispered to myself, making Jacob gently sigh.
"Babe, you -" He started, getting cut off by the front door opening.
"Hi. Feels like I haven't seen you in forever," Carter said, smiling.

"Dady..." I quietly whispered again, holding onto his hand.
"Ah-ah. I gotta go," Dady softly scolded me, gently pushing me into Carter's house.
"I love you," He reminded me, quickly kissing my face, saying bye to Carter, and leaving to go to work. It all happened fast enough that I couldn't process he was leaving until he was already gone.
"C'mere, Hun. You need help taking your boots off?" Carter asked when he saw I was struggling to undo the zipper. I sat down and accepted his help even though I would've eventually gotten it on my own. He quickly unzipped the both of them and pulled them off. I sat up on my knees and carefully put them against the wall in the same place I did before. I stood up and followed him to the living room where Sage and Lexie were. There was also another boy I hadn't met. I sat next to Sage, getting a big smile when she looked at me.

"Hiii!" She exclaimed, making me a little happier. I sat down next to her and watched her do blocks. They're the really big legos for babies so that they don't try and eat them.
"Is you sad still?" She asked, making me shrug. I wasn't right now, and I'm not sad as much, but I still sometimes am. And I didn't know how to explain that to her.
"We can just do blocks?" She offered, "Or we can do cars,"
"Car?" I asked, hopeful that someone would play with me and not change the game halfway through.

When it got close to 7:45, I felt so clingy. I felt smaller than normal, and I really wanted someone to hold me. I woke up from my nap and toddled to the couch where Carter was playing a game with Lexie.
"Hi, Buddy," He gently greeted me. I sat on the couch next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. I really wish Dady was here instead to hold me. I leaned against him and watched them play the game until someone knocked on the front door. Carter sighed before carefully getting up without knocking over the board game, going to answer the door. I quickly sat on my knees and peeked over the couch to see who it was. As soon as Carter opened the door, I heard my Daddy. I grinned and slid off the couch, walking over to see him.
"Dady!" I exclaimed, hugging his side. He wrapped his arm around me and kept talking to Carter, so I made myself be patient.

"I mean, he's getting along with everyone. He's been eating fine. Him and Sage are closer than him and anyone else, but Lexie can be a little bossy, and Jonah doesn't really try to make friends. So, a lot of the kids like Sage," Carter said. I didn't understand what he was saying and just started gently biting Daddy. I don't think he cared because he didn't tell me to stop. They didn't talk for too much longer before Daddy made me get my shoes on and grab my stuff. He said bye to Carter, picking me up cause I was begging for him to, and carried me out to the truck.
"Dady, I'm hungry," I told him after we got onto the road.

He stopped somewhere and got dinner. He told me I could eat in the truck, but I waited. Even though I was fucking starving and I don't know why. And on the ride home, I very obviously fell out of my headspace.
"I love you," I reminded him when he stopped at a stop sign on the road to our apartment.
"Are you big now?" He asked.
"Yeah," I mumbled, messing with the radio station for a second before turning it onto the CD player. Jacob's Arctic Monkeys disk was already in the player, so I didn't have to bother digging for one in the glove compartment. It was playing the same song as when we hooked up while he was on his lunch break forever ago. I don't know why that's what I associated the song with, but apparently, I do. He parked the truck, turning the engine off and opening his door. I hummed the song while I followed him to the apartment since it got stuck in my head.