172

[Jacob POV]

I don't know why Luca was having so much trouble staying asleep. Cause he woke up at least three more times. The only reason I knew is because every time he woke up, he'd cuddle up to me and rock himself.
"Shhh, lemme rock you," I sleepily said, sitting up and letting Luca crawl into my lap.
"You're my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray," I started softly singing as I gently rocked him back and forth.
"You'll never know, Dear, how much I love you," I quietly continued, finishing and starting the lullaby over and over for twenty minutes until he finally got back to bed. And this time he stayed down, thank fucking God. It was almost 2:30 A.M., and even though I was off tomorrow, I still wanted to sleep. I laid down with him on my chest since my shirt was off and he's in the mood for skin to skin. I figured maybe that would help him stay asleep.

When I woke up, I could head Luca and Spade in the living room, but he left me with his stuffie so I wouldn't get lonely. I smiled and picked Leo up before going into the bathroom and brushing my teeth. Luca walked in a couple of minutes later since the door was open and hugged me, holding me for a long few minutes.
"Dady... 'm hungry," He softly told me while I started getting floss picks out.
"I'll get you breakfast in a second, baby. Did you brush your teeth?" I asked. He nodded a little and rocked on his feet while holding me.

"Spade, are you leaving or are you gonna get breakfast with us?" I asked, slipping my shoes on. I know we don't have a lot of groceries, but I'm waiting to go until this weekend. So, I figured we could go eat at breakfast place.
"I should probably head home," He answered, standing up and putting socks on.
"Alright. I'll see you," I mumbled, quickly hugging him.
"I'll ask Luca about it. And I'll text you when he answers," I assured him before grabbing Luca's hand and leading him back to our bedroom.
"You need shorts on at least. You can't leave half naked," I told him, grabbing a pair of black sweatpants and handing them to him.
"Shirt?" Luca asked, reminding me indirectly that he doesn't like to wear something clean with something he's been wearing already.
"Hang on," I sighed, digging through his drawers. I grabbed a red tank top before standing up and helping his get dressed.

"It's gonna get warm," I advised him when he wanted a hoodie.
"P'ease?' He asked, making me cave. I don't wanna say no to him, especially when he looks up at me like that. I handed him one of mine and let him put it on before asking for me to hold him.
"I can'thold you, baby," I told him, picking up my keys and everything from the table before grabbing Luca's shoes. I'd honestly love to carry him, but he didn't wanna put his shoes on, so I have to carry them along with all my other stuff and then lock the door.

I pulled into an IHOP that was only a 15-minute drive away before helping Luca get his shoes on and then going inside.
"It's pretty empty. You're okay," I assured Luca as we were waiting for the host. I was honestly preoccupied thinking of how I wanted to talk to Luca about Spade. I know I'm gonna have to do it when he's big, but I can't predict when that'll be. And I don't know how I'll even bring it up.

We got seated, ordered, and had just gotten our food when Luca told me he had to go pee.
"I'll take you," I mumbled, sliding out and grabbing Luca's hand when he did the same. I guided him to the bathroom and looked in the opposite direction of the urinals so Luca could go without telling me not to look.
"You know Spade really likes you, baby," I said as he washed his hands.
"I like Spade," He obliviousy told me, not getting what I meant. I didn't expect him to, but it would've been nice so that I didn't have to explain later. He dried his hand before following me back out to the table.
"Can you be big for a minute?" I asked as he watched cars speeding by through the window.
"Help?" He asked, unsure how to get himself out of his headspace.
"You want me to talk to you about work?" I asked, that being the first boring, grown-up subject I could think of. He nodded and listened to be tell him about the people I had to serve, what Calvin was doing lately, my hours and schedule, and just anything I thought would bore him.