Chapter 11: Brotherly Advice

Carter

As Nate gently laid Elinn down on the bed I tried to figure out what had just happened. One minute she was fine and the next she was screaming like I was trying to kill her.

"What did you do to her Carter?" It was more of a command than a question. When I looked at him his eyes were hard like it was all my fault Elinn suddenly exploded like that.

"Hey I didn't do anything, don't look at me like that. All I did was touch her and she flipped out on me." I defended myself, still baffled at what had just happened.

"Obviously it wasn't nothing Carter! We both know that this girl has issues and I get that after what she's been through. You can't just treat her like you would any other girl, we have to figure out how to make her feel safe. So tell me exactly what happened," The look of anger never left Nathan's face though it did soften slightly.

"I get her to open up and tell me her name, it's Elinn by the way. I asked her how long she had been in that house and do you know what she told me?" I asked Nate my anger growing by the second, Nate just shook his head.

"She told me she didn't know how long she had been there. So I asked her how old she was when she was taken and guess what...she was eight. Those creeps kidnapped an eight-year-old girl and forced her to work for them. She has been tortured and made a slave since she was eight and she didn't even know how old she was. What kind of a person does....ugh!" I could feel my wolf coming to the surface when we thought about what our mate had been though.

"She told me when she was eight it was 2006, 2006 Nate! She had been a slave in that pack for twelve years! She probably hasn't had a decent meal in twelve years. I don't think they ever let her leave the house, she hasn't seen the sun in twelve years. Those bastards kept an eight-year-old girl locked up in a basement and left her there for TWELVE YEARS!" I couldn't control my emotions anymore, it was all just too much for me.

"Nate, how am I supposed to reach her? She is afraid to be touched, she won't talk to me, and she can barely even look me in the eyes. I am trying so hard to fight the urge to hug and kiss every inch of her like my wolf wants me to. Only I know that if I did something like that she could never be comfortable near me ever again. My mate doesn't even know who I am.

I know that she is a wolf like us, I can sense it. The problem is that she doesn't know anything about us, she probably wouldn't believe me if I told her. My mate can't recognize what I am to her and I just have to watch as she flinches away from my every touch. How am I going to do this?" Nate sits beside me and listens, he doesn't interrupt or try and comfort me. He just listens to what I have to say. After I finished my rant I look at him waiting for the advice I know he has for me.

"I know this is going to be hard Carter, believe me, I understand. This is probably going to be the hardest thing you're going to ever have to do. You need to just be there for her. You have to put what you want on hold so that you can make her comfortable. She isn't like everyone else and is going to need a lot of help readjusting to this new world she's been thrown into.

We have to remember where she is coming from Carter. Elinn has probably never had someone say anything nice to her in a long time. No one has touched her and not hurt her for twelve years. She isn't going to automatically understand that all people aren't like her old pack. We need to take it slow." I knew that what Nathan was saying was right. I had to take things at her pace and not push for more.

"I have to get going, I have a meeting with some of the warriors in about a half an hour. What do you want me to tell them if they ask about Elinn?" Nathan asked glancing at his watch.

"You can tell them the truth, she is a girl we found who was in dire need of medical attention. She was a slave in the old pack and abused daily. She is staying with me until we are sure that she is going to be okay. Just don't tell them about her being their future Luna, we both know they will be dying to see her." Nathan smiled at me and walked to the door to leave.

"Just so you know Dad is coming up to see his future daughter in law soon. I thought you should know so you can warn him about what's going on with her. I'm sure Mom's told him some stuff, but probably not everything." with that Nate was gone and the door shut slowly behind him.

I sat back in my chair and tried to figure out what I was going to say to my father. He was the most amazing man I had ever met. He was so kind and compassionate to his pack and he was never to busy to talk to you. He never doubted himself and always seemed to have just the right answer to any question that you had. I had been working hard for the past five years to fill the very big shoes he had left me when I became Alpha.

I wasn't sure how he would react to the news about my mate though. Dad was always a very protective guy when it came to females who had been hurt. He had never told me all the details, but I knew it had to do with his Mom. Neither my parents nor my grandmother ever told me what had happened, but Nate and I had figured out a little bit.

I was hoping since Dad was so touchy about the subject he might know a few things about it. I really needed some advice on what to do in this situation. If anyone would have an idea of what to do it would be my dad. There was knock at the door and I got up and opened it.

"Hi Dad, I need some help."

AN: Oh MY GOSH! Thank you all so much for reading my story I am so happy to see that so many people are reading it. I hope that you are all enjoying it. I know that Carters chapters are generally shorter, but that won't be the case for long. I would love to hear what you guys think about the story so let me know. Until Next time, bye bye!