Chapter 71: Sleepover

Carter

I dragged Elinn through the halls of the pack house wanting to get back to our room as fast as possible. My little mate was giggling behind me as she followed me through what seemed to be a million different hallways. I chuckled a little when she almost ran into a wall because she was laughing so much.

Finally, we reached our room and I dragged Elinn inside, pulling her into a hug. Elinn didn't say anything as she reached around and squeezed me tightly. After a few minutes, I pulled back and saw tears in her eyes.

"Elinn, are you alright? Why are you crying? Did something happen?" I took her face in my hands scanning her eyes trying to find a reason why she might be crying.

"I'm fine Carter, nothing is the matter these are happy tears. That speech you gave was really hard to hear, but you told it.... so beautifully. You didn't make me feel like I was dirty or broken, you made me feel like I mattered to someone and I wasn't some piece of trash for what happened. You made me realize, almost for the first time, that what happened to me was wrong and should never have happened." Elinn told me leaning up and planting a kiss on my lips.

"What happened in that house, was not your fault. Those people were monsters but you are here now and you will never feel anything like that ever again. I will treasure and spoil you till you get tired of me and wish I would leave you alone." I murmur to her as we stand holding each other.

"I don't think that I could ever get tired of you. When I'm near you I can relax, I'm beginning to get over things now. You are the one who made that happen, you never gave up on me. I know that I'm a hard person to be mated too, I'm really sensitive about being touched or near people, but you never thought I was a freak because of it. I can feel my soul and heart beginning to fix themselves and you are what is holding them together." My beautiful, cautious, shy mate was opening up to me.

She was getting better, but I would love her even if she had never gotten better. Don't get me wrong I was glad she was getting better, but I would still have loved her if she never got to the point where I could touch her. She was my mate and I would do anything for her, even if that meant giving up all the things that people associated with mating.

"Come on it's late and I know how you get when you're tired. You can go shower before we head to bed, I'll wait out here." Elinn skips into the bathroom and I head to the closet to change into some PJ's. I pulled on a pair of shorts and didn't bother with a shirt, I usually slept without one and I was hoping that Elinn wouldn't mind. After all, we were sleeping together for the first time, wait that sounded wrong.

Technically it wasn't the first time either, I had spent the night with her when she asked me to, but this was different. Earlier today I had asked if she would spend the night in my room after the ball, I knew that we would both be tired and that I would want to spend more time with her.

I heard the shower going and it took all of my willpower not to picture what was going on in there right now. I didn't need to deal with the repercussions of that decision right now. Tonight was already going to be difficult and I didn't need that image running around in my head.

I picked up the book that I had taken from the library this afternoon, it was one of my favorites. I began to read about Alice's experiences at a certain tea party with the mad hatter. I had always loved reading about the adventures that took place in Wonderland and wished that I could go there. I read for twenty minutes until I heard the click of the bathroom lock.

I looked up and saw Elinn sticking just her head out of a tiny crack. Her hair was wet and she was blushing profusely.

"Umm, I don't have anything to wear, do you think you could...." She blushed more as her gaze moved to the floor in embarrassment. I jumped up and walked toward my closet as I replied.

"You can wear some of my old clothes. They will definitely be huge on you because your so much smaller than me, but I hear girls like stuff like that." Grabbing an old t-shirt and pair of boxer shorts I walked back the bathroom.

"Thank's Cart," Elinn mumbled as she slipped back inside to change.

Cart....Cart....I liked it, I had always thought that I would hate for my mate to give me a nickname, but not now. Everyone else called me Carter, but now Elinn could call me something else something that was just between us. Yes, I was assuredly a fan of this new idea of nicknames.

After a few more minutes my mate emerged from the bathroom now wearing my clothes. My eyes racked her body and I worked hard to keep my wolf under control.

"We need to ravish mate! We need to mark her right now!" Luca yelled at me inside my head and I ignored him.

"If we do that without her permission then we are going to be in a load of trouble. Think about it if we do something like that she won't let us talk to her anymore, she might even try to leave us. So calm yourself you horny dog!" I spat back at him while I stood up and pulled Elinn into my side.

"Are you ready for bed my dear?" I asked not wanting to rush her if she wasn't ready for this yet. We were going at her pace, not mine and I needed to remember that.

"I think so....which side do you sleep on?" She was nervous, I knew because she kept running her fingers together.

"I usually sleep in the middle of the bed so it doesn't matter to me. I was hoping that you would let me snuggle with you while we slept. However, if you aren't okay with that we can sleep on opposite sides of the bed. If you are super concerned than we can even build a pillow wall to help you feel safer." Elinn laughed a little at my last suggestion and pointed towards the right side of the bed yawning.

"I want the right side....is that okay with you?" Elinn turned her face up so that she could see my reaction to her decision. I just gave her a mischievous grin before I picked her up and tossed her onto the bed.

I crawled on after her and began to tickle her sides which sent her into a laughing fit. We rolled around on the bed and she even managed to pin me a couple times to get me back impressing me thoroughly. Then Elinn's body suddenly went limp and I had to scramble to catch her before she fell of the bed.

I laid her down trying to figure out what had happened. She had been fine ten seconds ago, did I do something to hurt her. My answer came but it didn't bring me any form of comfort.

Elinn's eyes opened and they were a glowing gold.

"I think it's time we had another chat don't you think?"

AN: We just hit 1.4 MILLION! That is crazy and thank you all so much for that, I couldn't do this without you guys. Shout out to all of those who have followed me glad that you are all here for this journey. I hope you are all still enjoying the story since we are nearing the end. Would you guys want a sequel book? Would you guys read one if I published it? Also, I want to branch out into other genres would you read a teen fiction book if I wrote one? Let me know in the comments. Until next time, bye bye!

Old Version Shatter PiecesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara