Chapter 44: Family Dinner

Carter

Elinn was in her room changing while I waited for her in the hall. She had insisted that she had to put something nice on before we went to dinner. I never understood why girls had to put on a different outfit for everything. The door opened and Elinn walked out.

She was wearing a blue dress that was floor length. She had brushed her hair taking out the tangles from our make out session earlier. She looked truly gorgeous, I had never seen her in a dress before but I was a fan.

"Elinn you look beautiful. Where the heck did you find a dress?" I couldn't remember buying a dress when I had bought her clothes after I found her.

"I hope it's okay that I'm wearing it, I found it in the closet. I'm pretty sure Margene bought it for me, there was a note on it. You can read it if you want." Elinn said holding out a folded card to me. I took the paper from her hands and read it.

"I thought this would suit you. Wear it with pride." It was in my grandmother's handwriting that was for sure. I understood what she meant when I noticed that the dress was only partial sleeve. From her elbow down you could see all of her scars.

"Are you sure you're going to be comfortable like this. I'm not saying you need to change, but I don't want you worrying about what people will think." I was willing to do whatever she wanted to do. I wanted her to be comfortable with herself, but I wasn't going to force her into anything.

"I'll be fine if you promise not to let anything happen to me. I mean they're going to find out eventually so I might as well plan for it right." Elinn said trying to sound confident and perky.

"Elinn, this is a very brave thing to do and if you feel like you need to do this than I will support you in that decision. I don't care how they react you remember that you are beautiful no matter what." I tell her and pull her in for a kiss. I let myself get lost in her intoxicating smell for a few seconds before I pull back.

"Come on, they're probably wondering where we are," I looped her hand in mine and began to lead her towards the dining room.

"Carter your parents are still gonna be there right?" Elinn asked for what was probably the seventh time today.

"Yes my parents will both be there as will my Margene, Nate, and his mate Jenny are all going to be there. You will have a whole bunch of people who know what you've been through and will be there to support you." I reassure her as we near our destination.

Elinn just nods and wrings her hands.

"Hey, hey, hey enough of that. There is no need to be nervous, they are going to love you. I want you to repeat after me, I am beautiful." I say and then point to her. Elinn smirks at me as she says.

"Carter is beautiful," I laughed and gave her a hug. This was why I couldn't see anyone disliking her, she was just so genuine.

"Come on let's go talk to your family." I say and pull her into the dining room. The rest of our families were already seated and were just waiting for us to arrive. As we walked in Elinn's parents shot to their feet. They slowly walked over and looked nervously at Elinn.

"We now know that you don't remember us so we're hoping that we can just talk. Maybe after we get to know each other we can become a family again." Elinn's mother tells me.

"We know it will take some time and it won't be easy, but we're willing to figure this out if you are." Elinn's dad offered reaching out a hand for hers.

Elinn seemed hesitant and eyed his hand like it could bite her. She looked up at me questioningly and the only thing I could do was nod encouragingly. It was up to her to decide what to do, I wasn't going to push her one way or another. Elinn reached out her arm and took her father's hand.

Adara was the first one to notice Elinn's exposed arms and when she did her hand flew to her mouth and tears gleamed in her eyes. Zayden noticed Adara's reaction and followed her gaze. Zaydens eyes flashed red and his wolf growled at the sight. Elinn jerked her arms back and did her best to cover them.

"Elinn what happened to your arms? Where did you get those? Who did this to you? Tell me who did this to you. Who did this!" Zayden yelled at her grabbing her shoulders.

"Please stop...."Elinn whimpered trying to get away from her father.

"You need to tell me who did this to you. I'm going to rip them apart and burn the leftovers. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR ARMS AND WHO DID IT?" Her father demanded shaking her even fiercer than before. Elinn's eyes closed and she began shaking from fear.

"LET HER GO....NOW!" My father intervened standing firmly behind Elinn as support. Zayden if realizing what he'd done looked down at his hands in shock. Elinn clutched her head and tried to calm her breathing. Before I could take her into my arms my father pulled her into one of his comforting embraces.

"Breath Elinn, you are going to be okay. You have nothing to be ashamed of or nervous about. Please just breathe." My father said running his hands up and down her arms.

Elinn clutched at his back and it made me want to smile and cry all at the same time. She was letting someone besides me touch her for an extended period of time and that person was my father. Elinn looked up at my father and gave him a small smile.

"Elinn, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to....I was an idiot. I would never hurt you, but thinking about someone hurting my princess....it makes me very mad. Please forgive me," Her father begged her as he still stared at his hands as if they weren't his.

Elinn looked over at her father, the man who had never meant to hurt her. At her mother who was crying at the thought of what must have happened to her daughter. She looked back at my father giving him a quick squeeze before walking out of his hold. Slowly and carefully she approached her parents. They looked up at her sorrowfully, Elinn extended her hands to them. With a sob, both of them reached out and took one of her hands.

"You didn't mean that I forgive you. You don't know what I've been through so I don't expect you to know what's going on. Let's just eat dinner and I can explain everything afterward," Elinn suggested and walked over to her seat. I proudly followed behind her and sat at the head of the table. Nathan sat on the other side of Elinn and her parents were across from her.

As the meal commended conversation flowed easily. Elinn's parents took an interest to how our pack functioned and our rules. That probably had something to do with their daughter now living here. Elinn didn't talk much but seemed content to listen. I was fine with that I just wanted her to feel comfortable.

"So Elinn what exactly was it that I saw when I walked in on you and my brother earlier? It sure looked steamy, were you two about to....have some serious fun?" Nathan teased her causing Elinn to blush.Jenny whacked the back of his head.

"You don't get to tease them about anything Mister! As far as I can remember when you met your mate you practically tried to start the mating process right there. If I recall correctly it took you several weeks to get her to talk to you after that," Jenny said snarkily. I could hear both Xander and Darius chuckle at her statement.

"Don't worry about it Jenny, Elinn and I were just playing a get to know your game. Isn't that right dear?" This made Elinn blush an even darker shade of red and tilt her head down.

"I think it's time to move into the living room where we can talk. Then my son and your daughter can answer some of our questions." Zelya intervened and we all began to move towards the coaches. This should be interesting....

AN: I know this isn't a long chapter, but the next one is going to be pretty important so please be patient with me. We've hit ONE HUNDRED FORTY-SIX THOUSAND views! I am so glad to have all of you here on this journey with me. let me know what you thought in the comments. Until next time, bye bye!