Chapter 81: I Killed Them

Elinn

I awoke to the sound of the bedroom door opening and immediately shot out of bed. Whatever had happened to me earlier seemed to be subsiding and my headache was beginning to lessen. Then I saw the look on Carter's face and I felt my stomach drop.

"Carter, what happened? Is everyone okay? What's wrong?" I asked trying to get out of the bed but collapsing back into it when my legs gave out underneath me.

Carter still hadn't looked at me since entering our room. He didn't say anything to me as he lowered himself into a chair beside the front door. I wanted to get up and walk over to him and comfort him, but I wasn't strong enough to make it two steps let alone the ten feet it would take to reach him.

"How did he know?" I could barely make out what my mate was saying. I was trying to decide if I had heard him right when he continued.

"He did this....all of this because he knew you were here...." My heart rate began to increase and my palms got slick.

"What are you talking about? You're starting to scare me." Finally, Carter's eyes lifted but I could see no hint of the man I was beginning to shake.

"They're dead. Their all dead. Marcus found them and he killed them, slowly. He murdered all five of them just to remind you that he was in charge and to show he could get to you." I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think, I couldn't move as I listened to Carter talk.

"Marcus took everyone he could know was directly associated with you that wasn't family. He butchered them to prove that he meant business. He killed them and he did it for you."

"W....w....who?" It took everything in me to get the two words out of my mouth.

"He killed Milly and Hannah, your nurses from the hospital. He tortured Luke to a point where I could barely recognize his face. But he also killed Chad....and Corbin." I felt my body caving in on itself, it explained that distant look in Carter's eyes.

"Elinn, why does he want you back so much? Why is he trying so hard to take it back?" The distant look in my mates eyes began to fade as he noticed what was happening to me.

My breathing was so rapid I was pretty sure there was no oxygen in my system. Master had killed the midst important people in my life to remind he was here. He had laid such strict rules and I had broken so many of them.

"Oh my gosh Elinn I'm so sorry! I was spacing it and I didn't mean to scare you. I wasn't thinking." Carter apologized and ran over to me.

For the first time in a long time, I flinched away from my mate. He was taken aback by my reaction and reached for me again. Once again I moved away sending Carter reeling.

"It's my fault, this is all my fault. If I weren't here none of this wouldn't happen. Corbin would still be alive and Annalise would have a brother and a father. This is all because of me..." I trailed off and looked down at my hands.

All I could see was blood dripping down my hands. It was everywhere and it wouldn't stop coating my fingers and I knew whose blood it was. Milly's, Hannah's, Luke's....Chad's....and....I couldn't believe that I had killed Corbin.

"Carter, I killed them! It was me, I was the one who did it!" My voice was shaking and I started to claw at my hands trying to scrap the blood off of them. I pushed as hard as I could but it just wouldn't stop!

"Elinn, you need to calm down. I need you to relax and take a deep breath, we will figure this out. It isn't your fault and I'm sorry if I made you think that it was, you have done nothing wrong. Now please stop hurting yourself," Carter begged hands outstretched to take my own but I crawled off of the bed trying to escape the pools of blood that seemed to flow all around me.

"Can't you see the blood? How can you not see it it's everywhere! I brought it here because I killed them, if I had just left that day....they would still be alive! This is all my fault, this is all my fault.............I should have just died." My words got softer and softer as I kept talking, but Carter still heard me.

"NO! Elinn, you are worth more than you know, you matter this isn't your fault. Please believe me the only one responsible is Alpha Marcus, he made the decision to come here." I felt Carter using our bond to creep into my head. I let him see, see all the blood that was on my hands.

He grabbed me pulling me to my feet while I scrambled to get away from him, keep the blood off of him. He didn't let go though just kept dragging me towards the bathroom. When he got me inside he closed and locked the door making sure I couldn't get out. He turned on the sink and shoved my hands under it.

"Look at your hands Elinn, the blood is going away it's all being washed away. Use some soap it will help it get clean faster." I grabbed the soap bar he handed me and scrubbed. After five minutes of just washing my hands Carter turned off the water, my hands were now clear of blood.

I turned around in Carter's warm embrace and broke down.

AN: I know it's short but the next one is kinda long so, I hope you can wait.