Chapter 15: Search

Dedicated to  A-BookieMonster for the amazing cover she made for this book. Thanks again!

Carter

I was livid, she was gone. My beautiful, precious, perfect little mate had disappeared. I had no idea where she went or if she was okay. I had sent about half the warriors out to search for her. It had been three hours since then and none of them had found anything. I was worried about my angel, what if she was hurt? I couldn't stand to think about that.

"Carter I think I found something," Jason mind-linked me. I was on my feet and headed outside in an instant.

"Where is she? Is she alright? Where are you?" I didn't bother waiting for him to reply as I took off running in the direction Jason and Mac had been assigned to search.

"We are about ten miles from the hospital. She's still on pack territory luckily. I don't know if she's alright or not, but she's standing on her injured leg which can't feel all that great. It's been raining for a while so she's pretty wet too." She was standing! How the heck had she managed to do something like that?

"Oh crap I've gotta go she's running!" With that, the mind link between Jason and I shut down. Wait did he mean that Elinn was running away? She was running around on an injured leg. I tried to mind link with Jason again but he blocked me out. What was going on?

"MAC! What the hell is going on down there! Is Elinn all right?" I hoped that Mac was still with Jason. Mac was the more experienced warrior out of the two so he could probably hunt and mind-link at the same time.

'This girl sure is something else Alpha. I can tell her leg is giving her a lot of pain, but she's still running. She managed to keep a good ways ahead of us for a while too." I could tell that Mac wasn't telling me everything that was going on. He was being to light about the subject.

"Mac, what happened?" I rarely used my Alpha command, but I was so desperate to know exactly what was going on. Now wasn't the time to skirt around what was going on.

"Elinn just fell and got a pretty nasty cut on her head. She won't let us treat it or touch her. Jason called in some backup and currently, the are trying to carry her back to the hospital. She isn't exactly cooperating." Mac said all this with an edge to his thoughts. It was evident he didn't agree with the younger warriors methods. I was about halfway to where Jason said they had found Elinn, but it seemed like thousands of miles as opposed to five.

"Carter I'm taking over from here. This is a delicate situation and I will handle it, wait for me at the main house. I will bring her there, but for the time being, she needs to be able to calm down. That won't happen with everyone watching her." The voice of my grandmother came out of nowhere.

"No grandma, I have to see right now. She is hurt and I have to make sure she is okay." I protested, but I knew she was right. That didn't mean I wanted her to be though.

"Carter we both know that this is what the girl needs right now. I am having Mac wheel her back to the house right now. Call Luke have him meet us there, she's in bad shape. I need you to be calm and willing to do what I ask of you. I've been through situations like this before. Trust that I know what I am doing." Grandma always knew exactly what to say to calm me down. I sighed turned around and ran back to the hospital.

I spent my run thinking about Elinn. She was so small, she couldn't weigh more than a hundred pounds. It wasn't healthy, but I knew it wasn't something she chose. She wouldn't let anyone one touch her; considering what she's been through though it was no surprise. All I wanted was to keep her safe and happy, the only problem was I didn't know how.

When I reached the hospital I asked the nurse running the reception desk. She buzzed Luke letting him know to hurry over to the house. I thanked her and ran to the house to wait for my mate to arrive. I knew she would have been out in the cold for a long time so I turned up the heat and put out some dry clothes in guest room across the hall from me.

I paced the foyer for a half an hour waiting for them to arrive. I was going out of my mind with worry. Where were they? I was about to mind link Mac to see where they were when I heard the sound of footsteps coming up the walkway. I couldn't wait to see her any longer and threw the doors open.

I wanted to fall to my knees at the sight of the girl in front of me. She was pale and turning blue from the cold. She had a sizable cut on her head that was still trickling blood. Her leg was bent at an odd angle and I could tell it was causing her pain. Her breathing was shallow and I knew she was having a hard time keeping her eyes open. Then I noticed the was clutching my grandmother's arm tightly.

"I'm glad to see you came back," My voice sounded foreign to me. It was softer and quieter than it normally was. Elinn seemed to notice to and quickly glance up at me. It was only for a second, but it progressed. She had looked at me without my having to coax it out of her.

"We are going to get Ms. Elinn her into some warm clothes. Then she is going to come down here and sit on the couch while Doctor Marlin looks her over." This caused Elinn to sit up straighter and her breathing to quicken even more. Apparently, she didn't like the idea of doctors.

"You remember Luke don't you Elinn. He promised he was going to bring you a blanket. I promise that when you come down here there will be a nice warm new blanket waiting for you. As I was saying all of this I mind linked Luke to remind him to grab a blanket.

This seemed to calm Elinn down quite a bit. She went to stand up to get out of her chair and Grandma hurried to stop her. Elinn seemed confused as she was gently pushed back into her chair.

"Don't get up sweetheart you are already injured. I'll have Carter carry you up to the room you're staying in, but I will stay with you to help you change and then Carter will carry you back downstair. Does that sound okay with you?" I could see the hesitation in Elin's eyes as she looked into my Grandmothers. After a couple seconds, she hesitantly nodded.

As I neared Elinn I realized that all Elinn was wearing was a blue paper hospital gown. I started to mentally prepare myself for what was about to happen. My wolf was going to go crazy as soon as I touched her. That gown was going to allow a lot of her skin to touch me and she and I would both feel the sparks of that touch. I took a deep breath and picked her up.

As soon as my skin made contact with hers she gasped. She looked from me to where our skin touched and back. Then she poked at her skin as if trying to figure out what was happening. I chuckled to myself and pushed my wolf back as he kept trying to break free.

"It feels funny huh, but not bad...right?" I asked her nervous of her reaction. She looked up at me and I could see a light in her eyes that hadn't been there before. She slowly shook her head and I knew she was trying to figure out what was going on. I walked her up the stairs to her room and set her down on the edge of her bed.

I stood there for a moment watching her. Then I slowly walked to the door and past my grandma. I went downstairs to wait to see what would happen next. All I wanted was for her to be safe and happy, and I was willing to do whatever it took to make that happen.

AN: First off I wanted to say thank you again to A-BookieMonster for the amazing cover! I love seeing that what I create can inspire people. I usually publish a chapter every two days. I know that it has been only one day, but I don't want to publish on Sunday. It's the one day I get to relax so I'm not going to publish them, but I will make sure I get you the same amount of content. Also, incase you were wondering we know 644 in Werewolf! This isn't something I've done it's all you guys. I can write chapters all day, but in the end, you guys are the ones that are going to read it and make it your own. Let me know what your guys are thinking about the story. I love hearing from you guys. Until next time, bye bye!