Chapter 65: The Dress

Elinn

I was sitting on Carter's bed while he was downstairs getting me something to eat. I'd been out of the hospital for a week now, but Carter was still being cautious. He made sure I took all my medicine and that I was feeling fine. It was sweet, but I was also getting a little tired of it if I was honest.

My parents have been busy planning the party and I hadn't seen them since that day in the hospital. I wasn't sure if I was ready for this party, but I was the one who agreed to it so there was no backing out now. I couldn't cancel a party that was supposed to start in two hours.

I had called my Mother and asked her if she wanted my help setting up. She simply told me that she had done this a million times and had it covered. I think she really just wanted everything to be a surprise and I couldn't help if that was the plan.

"Okay, you eat this and then we will get dressed and ready for this party," Carter said swinging the door open. In his arms was a tray with food and some juice on it which he set in front of me. I smiled at the dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets and curly fries that covered the plate, there was even a little container of ranch beside it.

"Carter this is so much food! You can't really expect me to eat all of it can you?" I asked skeptically.

"I will eat whatever you don't, but you have to promise me that you are going to eat until your full. I know that you're not use to this, but you have been doing better about eating lately. You're almost a hundred pounds now and that is significantly better than when we found you." He was right I had filled out quite a bit from when I had first come here.

I took one of the chicken nuggets and dipped it in the ranch before taking a bite. It was still a novelty to be able to eat whatever and whenever I wanted to. Carter was amazing at finding things that he thought I would like to eat and usually he did a good job. We had quickly learned that I did not share his love for peanut butter, other than that everything else had been delicious.

"Carter look, it doesn't have a head!" I giggled and showed him the decapitated body of the nugget. Carter chuckled and picked up a piece and took a bite.

"Look mine doesn't have a tail," Carter said leaning his nugget over so that it was right next to mine. Then he moved it so that it looked like his dinosaur was eating my dinosaur. I laughed even more and continued to eat my food.

That was the other thing Carter had learned about getting me to eat. If the food was fun to eat or if he talked to me while I ate, I tended to eat more food. So Carter made sure that I always had 'fun food' or that he was there when I ate. That way he could guarantee that I ate a little bit at least.

We continued to play with our food until I had eaten half the plate and Carter had eaten the other. I was cleaning up from the dinosaur war we had engaged in while eating. Every time someone was hit they had been dunked in ranch and eaten. It was one of the best meals I had ever eaten that was for sure.

"Elinn, I bought you a dress for the party. It's a pretty formal thing so I figured you would want a dress. I hope you like it, and before you look at it you need to know a few things.

Firstly, most of the pack nows that you were hurt back in your previous pack. They have been working hard to get information out of the men who hurt you so we can find the man responsible and bring him to justice. They don't see you as weak or anything like that, in fact, they think that it makes you stronger.

Second, I know that you aren't confident about your body but I love it. You are beautiful despite what you think sometimes. The scars on your body tell the story of you and show your strength. They are a part of you and that isn't a bad thing it's just the way it is.

Thirdly, when I saw this dress I knew that it would look amazing on you. I thought that you would really like it so I bought it. I want you to know that if you don't like it than you don't have to wear it. If you don't want to wear a dress at all and just go in jeans and a t-shirt that's fine too. Now if you wanted you to go in nothing I wouldn't have a problem with that either, just we wouldn't make it out of this room anytime soon." I blushed at Carters last comment and Carter laughed at me.

I stood up and walked over to Carter who was standing in front of the closed closet door. I was curious now as to what this dress looked like. Was it really as bad as he made it sound? He opened my door and I gasped at the dress.

It was a sky blue on the top and as the dress flowed on it turned to a pale gold. It had sleeves that only covered my shoulders, the shortest sleeves I've worn since coming here. I turned the dress and saw that the back dipped and would reveal the top half of my back. It would show a significant number of my scars and I wasn't sure how I felt about that.

"Do you want to try it on?" I nodded and took the dress into the bathroom so that I could change. As I shed my clothes all I could think about was the flesh that would be exposed. As I pulled the dress up my body I could see why Carter had chosen it. I looked like a true princess in the elegant ball gown.

I stepped out of the bathroom and watched Carter carefully. I was worried that this was too revealing and the scars would remind me how broken I actually was. He didn't say anything to me as he walked up to me and kissed me.

"You look just as lovely as I thought you would. What do you think?"Carter asked me as he laid his forehead against mine.

"Thank you, I look lovely. If you had asked me to buy something I wouldn't have picked something like this. I think I look pretty nice so thank you." I say and pull Carter down and kiss him fiercely.

After a few minutes, we both pulled away out of breath. Carter began to kiss his way down my neck and stopped when he reached the sweet spot on my neck.

"I think we need to stop," Carter mumbled out as he continued to kiss my neck for a few more minutes.

"We really need to stop before I do something that we both regret." Carter pulled away this time and fixed my hair.

"Now let's go downstairs and have a good time." He said while linking hands with me.

We reached the edge of the staircase and looked down at the party below. There were so many people, how was I ever going to do this. I squeezed Carter's had hoped that it would make me feel better and somehow it did. I looked up at him and saw his encouraging smile and started down the stairs.

AN: Until next time, bye bye!