Chapter 77: Memory

Elinn

"Elinn, can you hear me?" Someone asked me and I peeled my eyelids back. I was still in the same hallway Madeline had attacked me in. I must have only been out for a few minutes because Margene and the man were now sitting next to me instead of standing.

"Oh thank heavens you woke up!I was so worried about you, what happened? Who would do something like this to you?" Margene asked pulling me closer to her.

I tried to tell her that Maddy had gone crazy but a cough came out instead of words. I tried to breathe but I was coughing too much and couldn't get a decent breathe in. My body crumpled in an attempt to force oxygen into my lungs. I was beginning to feel a little light headed.

"Elinn you need to relax, I know that sounds silly but it will help. Calm down and take some deep breaths for me okay. You're going to be just fine you just need to relax." The man who was with Margene instructed me. I slowly began to do what he said and I did begin to breathe better, I was still coughing but at least I could breathe now.

"There you go, see I knew you could do it. That wasn't so hard now was it? You just keep focussing on your breathing and we will worry about getting you some help." He said turning to face Margene again.

"Honey can you please link someone to go get Luke and our grandson, they need to know about this." Suddenly something clicked in my head, I knew who this man was! Margene had mentioned that her husband was coming home tonight and that she would bring him to meet me as soon as they got home from the airport.

"I linked Beta Johna to run and get Luke while I asked Chase to go get Carter. They should both be here in a few minutes." Margene informed us and I smiled up at her as I finally recovered from all of the coughing. I was about to thank her and her husband when there was a sharp pain in my head.

I was strapped down to the metal table in Masters playroom. He had buckled me here about an hour ago and then left the room. Before he had gone he had ripped up my clothes leaving me bare to the chill of the room and the table. I wasn't sure what I had done to upset him, I hadn't broken any rules today I was sure of what was going to happen. I was waiting for another hour before Master came back in.

"Pet, do you have any idea what day it is? No of course you don't, you don't know anything because you're useless. Let me enlighten you," Master sounded different somehow. He wasn't mad like he normally was at the beginning of my lessons. He crouched down in front of me and I could see the smile that was spread across his face.

"Today is a very special day for both of us little girl. It marks a momentous occasion that I am so glad we both get to celebrate. I have been looking forward to this day since that dreadful day your parents sold you to me. Today is the tenth anniversary of your time here with me, isn't that just so amazing darling?" Master asked me with what seemed to be a genuine smile on his face as he looked into my eyes.

"Girl is so glad that Master is happy today, that is all Masters girl ever wishes for. She hopes that she has pleased Master in her time here and will continue to please him." My voice holds no emotion in it, it's a response that I have been taught to say and comes out before I even have a chance to think.

"Lately my dear you have been a very good girl and I would like to reward you for that. Tomorrow evening you will be allowed to have a whole bowl of broth all to yourself. You can eat as much as you would like and nobody will harm you while your eating." My eyes went wide at Master's words and I knew that he could tell I was happy.

"Good girls get privileges you know that darling. Until that time comes, however, I would like to celebrate our time together, I even ordered some new toys for the occasion. Would you like to see what they are?" I nodded, it was always more endurable if I knew what to prepare myself for.

Master got up and walked a few feet away to get the items then returned. He held a beautiful box in his hands, it was elegantly carved with designs of forests and flowers. I wondered what could be inside such a beautiful box, what could it contain that pushed Master to buy it. He pulled back the lid and I began to understand why he had been so excited out this gift and our session today.

"These knives are specially designed for a certain purpose. They are to create art on the bodies of those that you like to see in pain, and pet you are my favorite person to see in pain. They are made so that when I cut you the scars will be a specific color a different color for each knife.

I think we should give you a very colorful vibrant scar on your back to celebrate this anniversary. I think the word Master decorated with swirling vines and flowers would look nice, don't you? And you needn't worry about it looking bad, you are already hideous, but I've been practicing so that I can at least improve your ugliness. What do you have to say to that Pet?" I could feel Master running the blades down my back not hard enough to break the skin, just to let me know it was there.

"Your girl only wishes to please Master and to make him as happy as possible." I whimper knowing this won't end well at all. I was going to be stuck on this table for a long time, and the soup was definitely not worth it.

"Then let's begin, shall we?"

I reached up and grabbed my head squeezing it with my hands. I didn't want to remember anymore that's why I made the block in the first place. Why was it all coming back now and how did I make it stop?

"Elinn what's happening?" Margene asked reaching out to touch me.

"Don't touch her! She needs to learn that she is strong and can take care of herself. Running from her past and hiding it does her no good, she must learn." The voice was not mine or my wolf's yet somehow it was coming out of my mouth.

"What are you talking about she's in pain? She obviously needs our help you stupid wolf!" Margene argued and again reached out to me.

"You will not touch her! You are nothing compared to me and I will crush you if that is what it takes. You will let her learn how to handle pain. She will not cry and hope that it solves her problems. She needs to learn to ask for help. She is too dependent on others knowing what she wants and needs, learn to use your voice. It's the only thing that will save you now." Once again my mouth moved and I had no idea what was going on.

"Elinn, come downstairs there is someone here to see you!" Mom called up to me. I set down the bear that I was having a tea party with right now.

"I'll be back Sir Lancelot, Mommy just needs me for a few minutes and I will come back." I didn't want my guests thinking that I was leaving them alone forever or something.

I hopped down the stairs wondering who was here. People came to visit me a lot because I was a princess so this wasn't uncommon. Usually, though they only came during Daddy's office time and he was home making dinner right now. When I saw who it was I let out a small squeal.

"Ecstan! You did come to visit me, I knew you would. Daddy said you wouldn't come back for a long time but you came back fast. I knew you were coming, I saw it when I was sleeping but nobody believed me." I jumped into Ecstan's arms and he spun me around.

" I've missed you sugar plum! Look how much you've grown you are so big now. Pretty soon you'll be as tall as me." He teased and I just hugged him tighter.

"I need Carter! He can help me feel better, please find him." I begged just as footsteps sounded down the hall. I could smell Carter and I knew he was here now. That calmed me down enough that somehow I drifted to sleep