Chapter 29: Wonder and Wander

Elinn

"Do you like it when I punish you? Is that why you disobey me so often? I think you must because if you didn't I wouldn't be giving you your third lesson this week!" Master was pissed and that was never good.

Most of the time his lessons consisted of him beating me in some shape or form for a few hours. I had gotten used to it, but on days like today, he became unpredictable. I braced myself for whatever was about to happen.

"Aww, is the little girl scared? Good, she should be, because I am tired of all this! I'm so fed up with you thinking that you matter that you have a say in what goes on here. That is all gonna change, I think I know the perfect punishment for you my pet." There was a strange smile on Master's face and I wasn't sure what it entailed.

Master grabbed my arm and dragged me from his playroom, where I was normally taught my lessons. We went past the whipping room and the kitchen. I saw the hallway that led to my room and wished that I could go take a nap in the peace and quiet down there. But he just kept pulling me along, the men would stare at me with contempt as we passed and the few women would give me sympathetic looks.

Soon we ended up at the top of a set of stairs where two large men stood guard. They bowed to Master as he approached and opened the door so we could enter. Master didn't even acknowledge them as he went by, yes this punishment was going to be very, very bad.

Master pushed me down the stairs and I tumbled to the bottom. There were at least twenty stairs and I landed on most of them. I felt each impact on the concrete and wanted to groan from the pain. However with Master in this kind of a mood I didn't even dare to whimper aloud.

When I finally stopped at the bottom of the stairs, there was a man staring down at me. He was muscular and looked as though he could break me into two pieces. I tried to scramble back and get away from him, but before I could get far Master pulled me back to my feet. I gazed at my surroundings and my heart began to pound faster.

We were in a dark cavernous room that was full of what looked like cages. There were people in the cages and they were all in various stages of distress. There were several guards positioned at different points around the room. I could see the blood that stained the floor here and I knew this wasn't going to be a place I would enjoy.

Master dragged me towards a cage near the center of the room where everyone could see me. The guard's gazes followed Master as he threw me into the middle of the cage. There were whistles that followed as part of my shirt ripped open. I clutched the fabric to my chest as Master entered the cage and smiled down at me.

He picked up to objects from the ground that looked as though they could fit a person's wrists or ankle. As soon as I thought that I tried to scramble away, but he had already latched one onto my left ankle. I tried my best to keep him from putting the other one on, but I never stood a chance. He was stronger and smarter than me and within seconds I was weighed down by the chains.

"Welcome to my prison in which you are the newest member. The guards down here are allowed into your cell whenever they please. They love to try out new skills on the inmates, but all the old ones have grown quite boring. They don't scream like they use to or beg for mercy. You, my darling, are going to be their little plaything for the next three days. That should be enough time for you to realize exactly how kind and gracious I really am." The blood drained from my face and I knew my face was showing my emotions clear as day.

"But, before I let my men have free reign over you. I'm going to have a little fun of my own." Masters fist met my face sending me flying into the bars on the other side of my cage. Before I could properly take a breath he was in front of me his fists continuing their assault on my body.

"You are nothing, just a worthless piece of garbage!" He yelled as he hit me. I stayed silent as he hit me over and over again. There was no use in trying to get away. I was used to the pain and he was right after all. I am nothing and always will be nothing.

I held my arms around my shaking body as I walked through the forest. The memories of my past had been flowing through my head ever since I had left the house. I was so foolish and naive and I wished I could change all of that. I didn't want to be lied to anymore, I didn't want to hurt again.

Right now though I couldn't feel anything. My body and my mind were numb after what had happened. After my silly attempts to pretend that I belonged with normal people. I would never fit in there, in a place where people would never truly understand what I'd been through.

It was better this way. No one would need to bother with trying to take care of me. I wouldn't have to worry about learning a whole new way of behaving. I was on my own and I didn't have to listen to anyone, but myself. I could live with that, right?

I kept walking though I knew I should probably stop and give my feet a rest. I had been on the move for a while and my feet had to be sore. Yet I couldn't feel them so if they were I had no idea. So I kept moving, I would stop when my feet told me to.

The forest around me was quiet, so still and quiet. I couldn't hear anything, not the rustle of the grass, or the whistling of a bird. Something was wrong, I may not know a lot, but I do no the world is ever supposed to be this still. I stopped and tried to find a reason for the world to be so calm.

Finally, I saw something in some bushes on the opposite end of the clearing I was in. A pair of yellow glowing eyes stared back at me. I wasn't sure where they came from or who they belonged to, but they couldn't be good. I took a step backward only to hear a branch snap behind me.

I whipped around and saw a man who looked to be in his mid twenties standing before me. He was tall around six two with red hair that began to stir my memories. His eyes were blue and he stared at me as if he knew who I was. I heard another sound behind me and turned to find another man on the other side of the field where the yellow eyes used to be.

He looked to be around the same age of the first man but he was slightly broader and shorter. His hair was a dark brown that reminded me of the trees in the forest. His piercing green eyes met mine and his lite up in recognition. Who were these people?

I turned so that I could be looking at both of them at the same time as I started to back away. I was tired of people dragging me off to strange places. I wasn't going to let these men take me away, I couldn't handle it if they did.

"Your scent hasn't changed. You still smell like flowers after it rains, you always have. I can't believe we found you," The first guy said trying to get closer to me. I backed away from him not understanding who he was. How did he know me?

"We've been looking for you ever since you left. We were all so worried and when we never saw another sign of you....Elinn we thought you were dead." The second man knew my name. I had never told my name to anyone except Carter. There was no way they could know my name, and yet somehow they did.

"W..who are you?" My voice came out quieter than I would have liked. I wanted to sound strong and confident. I didn't think I would be able to do that with two strong powerful males creeping towards me. With my words though they stopped.

"Elinn.... don't you remember us? I know it's been a long time, but still. We never forgot you so how could you forget. It's us, it's Xander and Darius." The first male said pointing in turn with each name.

"Who are you?" My voice was stronger this time. I was getting ready to bolt not knowing what he would say. I didn't trust him, I wasn't sure anything he said could change my mind.

"What happened to you? What made it so you can't remember us? Elinn.... Xander and I are your brothers."

AN: We are number 75 in Werewolf! Thank you all so much for making this happen. We have over 23 thousand views and I am so happy to be sharing this story with all of you. I love seeing all your reactions in the comments, they are always so delightful and funny. I had a fun time writing this chapter and throwing in that little twist. I have some great ideas for where I want this story to go in the future. Until next time, bye bye!