Chapter 58: Doctors

Elinn

Carter didn't hate me, that was all I had hoped for in those hours or days or years I had spent trapped inside my own mind. Even more amazing was the fact that he still loved me after what I had done. So I cried while Carter held me there on the floor for what felt like hours before I could hear people talking again.

"Carter you shouldn't be moving around. I understand that this is a very emotional time, but you need to get back in bed and so does your mate. I know you have forgiven her for what happened, but as her doctor, I need you to let me access the situation." I turned to find Luke standing over me and shaking his head.

"Luke, what are you doing here?" I asked still clinging tightly to Carter. I was just beginning to notice what Carter was wearing, a paper hospital gown. I would have laughed had I not remembered that I was the reason he was wearing the ridiculous outfit.

"I'm here because I am your doctor Elinn, actually I'm both Carter and your doctors and as such, I demand you get back into bed." Luke said sounding slightly irked that he had found us out of them in the first place.

I looked over at the hospital bed I had been lying in. There was nothing on it except for the long leather straps that had kept me from moving. The place where my newest form of torment had taken me in its jaws. I didn't want to get back into that bed, it was full of things that would try and hurt me.

"Elinn, I wasn't the one who ordered those straps put there, that was the nurses who were on staff when you two arrived. I wasn't even informed that something was wrong until an hour ago and I rushed over here. I'm going to get you a proper bed and we can put it close to Carter's, but not until you've had a psychiatric evaluation." Luke explained and knelt down so he was at my eye level.

"Luke there is no need for that, Elinn is perfectly fi.." Carter was quickly cut off.

"No, she isn't fine Carter, though she is better. I can see that both of her bones are healed and it is apparent that her back is as well. Physically she is fine, but we both know something happened in that training room. Now as her medical physician I currently hold more power over what is to happen since you are unmated. In this case, your Alpha command will not work on me either, so I wouldn't try." Luke said sternly gazing knowingly at my mate before turning back to me.

"I know you Elinn, I know that you would never want to hurt anyone. I believe this was just your body's way of relieving all of the stress and anxiety you've been feeling over the course of this past month. I would also wager that your wolf played some role in what happened, it's apparent that she has become stronger. But, this is something that I have to do to make sure this isn't going to happen again, I can't risk that." Luke reached out a hand to take one of mine and I placed on in his. I wasn't thrilled with this, but it was something that had to be done.

"Luke, I need to come with her," But once again Carter was interrupted by our doctor. I could tell he was starting to get very agitated by this whole things.

"If you are there then her answers may be swayed by your presence. You know as well as I do that people answer differently when there is an impartial person listening. Elinn will be back in an hour or two, but you will be waiting in bed waiting for her return." Luke reassured and began to lead me away.

"Wait, did you ask Elinn if she's okay with this? She should have a say in what is happening to herself after all. What do you think Elinn?" Carter called after me. The people in the room all looked at me to see what my reaction would be.

"I'm not going to lie and say that this doesn't scare me, you know how much I hate strangers. But I have nothing to hide and will talk to whoever Luke wants me to talk to as long as they aren't a man. I will talk to any women you want me to, but I won't talk to a man I don't know. Other than that I'm willing to do anything to prove that I didn't want this to happen and that it won't happen again." I told Luke honestly and he nodded approvingly and we continued on our way.

Luke and I walked down several of the hospital halls as he took me to wherever we were going. I began to get nervous not knowing what was going to happen. I had no idea what a psychiatric exam was, but it sounded important and scary. Carter had told me I should ask my questions and I wouldn't get in trouble for asking them.

"Luke, what is a psychiatric exam? I've never heard of it before and I don't know what to expect." I told him and Luke looked at me and gave me a smile.

"I'm glad to see you've learned to ask questions, that is a very big step for you. I'm proud of you, now to answer your question, this exam is to learn about you. How you think and how you perceive the world, it helps us better understand what makes you, you. We want to be able to understand how this accident happened and this should help us with that." Luke told me and we came to a halt before a large brown door. He knocked and went in without waiting for a response, which I thought was rather rude.

"Ah, hello there Dr. Hansen it's so good to see you. This must be the girl you wanted me to see, correct?" The women talking was tall probably five ten or so and seemed to tower over me. She had shocking red hair that stuck out all over the place.

When Luke nodded in confirmation the women turned to me.

"Hello Elinn, my name is Doctor Callie Korster, it's very nice to meet you. I heard there was an unfortunate incident and I would like to talk to you about that, would that be okay?" Dr. Korster asked me giving me a kind smile.

"Sure, I guess that would be okay," I agree hesitantly hiding a little behind Luke. Suddenly he turned as if he was going to leave and my pulse increased. Why was he leaving, he couldn't leave me here with this stranger!
"Luke," I whimpered desperately and grabbed for his hand. I didn't want to be here by myself, I could barely stand to be with people I trusted. Being with this stranger might be more than I can handle at the moment.

"I promise that I will be back in exactly an hour. I can't stay here with you, it's like I told Carter, I might cause your answers to change. If you feel uncomfortable you can just come out into the hall and wait for me, but I want you to try. This is important Elinn and I need you to trust me." Luke squeezed my hand and twisted the handle.

"Please," My voice was almost nonexistent. Luke looked at me and gave me a sympathetic smile as he opened the door. I reached for him once more, but the door clicked shut.

"Elinn would you like to come sit down?" The doctor reached out to touch me and I flinched away. I moved out of her reach and wrapped my arms around myself trying to keep myself from crying.

"Oh, I see.....Elinn why are you scared to be alone with me?" Korster asked and tried to touch me again. I moved away and let out a little whimper holding myself tighter. Maybe if I didn't talk she would call Luke back and he would take me back to Carter.

"So you don't want me to touch you and you don't want to talk to me that's fine I guess. If you really don't want to you don't have to, unfortunately, I won't be able to tell Dr. Hansen that you are in a safe condition to be around Carter then," I whipped around to face the doctor.

"You wouldn't do that! You can't do that, I need him," I began to breathe heavily and I could feel my nails begin to dig into my skin. This couldn't be happening, she couldn't really do that, could she?

"I see that upsets you, but it's true. I understand if you wish for me not to touch you, but I need you to at least to talk to me. Do you think you can at least manage that?" the doctor asked and I nodded.

"Okay, then why don't you have a seat and we can begin."

AN: Guys we just hit Six hundred forty-five thousand views! That is crazy! I am so excited that this is happening thank you all! We also just hit number 7 in Werewolf! I hope you all enjoy the chapter and have a good Thanksgiving weekend! Eat lots of food and have fun with your families and friends! If you don't have anyone to be with know that I am wishing you have a good weekend and happy holidays! Until next time, bye bye!