Chapter 51: Talking

Carter

I stared at the hall Elinn had just disappeared down. Elinn's wolf was acting strange and it was beginning to scare me. She was so erratic and the fact that Elinn couldn't remember what happened when her wolf was present. I had never heard of anything like it before.

"Carter, what the heck is going on?" Chad asked. His face held genuine fear for the way his Luna was acting. I knew he could see the way he was acting was strange and that something was off with her wolf.

"I don't know Chad, Elinn's wolf isn't normal. There are times when her eyes glow white and other times when they glow gold. Her wolf also has the strange ability to make her not remember what happened while her wolf was present." I told him honestly rubbing my eyes as I try to relax and think through what is going on with my mate.

"Carter you know that you can't tell anyone else about this right? If they knew that stuff like this was going on with their new Luna, they might want to send her to go before the Council and we both know that won't end well." Chad's concern for his Alpha and Luna were apparent.

"Yeah, I know that telling people would be a bad idea. I just have no clue what I'm supposed to do? I want to ask my parents what it could mean or what it might happen, but they would have to tell the Council. I'm worried about my mate and I have no one to turn to. I need your help Chad, I don't know what to do.

The first time this happened was a couple days ago. I thought I was crazy and was just imagining things, but as the days pass it happens more often. Sometimes her eyes will just flare and others her wolf will take over entirely. I just need help understanding how to help her." I tell him honestly.

"Carter I know you probably don't want to, but I think it's time you start training your mate. I realize that she is still healing, but I would take her wolf's threat seriously. If she is this powerful while the wolf side of her body is still weak, think of what will happen when she's healed. You need to start training her and teaching her how to control her wolf, otherwise, I don't think this is going to end well." I knew he was right, but I didn't want him to be. I just wanted my mate to be able to rest and heal in peace, but her wolf was making that plan very difficult.

"The worst part is that I feel like her wolf is lying to her. Elinn wants to believe that her wolf is just like everyone else's when it's not. You saw what happened when we tried to tell her what happened, she wasn't having any of it. I don't know how I'm supposed to get her to realize I'm not lying to her." I confide as I rest my hands in my lap.

"Look, we'll let them have their tea party and after it's finished you are going to take Elinn to train. You have to remember that she hasn't shifted yet so she isn't as strong as an average wolf. Her reaction to most things is probably going to be fairly negative because of her past as well, you need to be ready for that. But she need this if you ever want to figure out what is going on with her wolf." I nod my understanding and we sit in silence for a few minutes until I get too anxious to wait anymore.

I walk down the hall and gently knock on Annelise's door. I wait there for a few seconds before the door opens to reveal Corbin dressed like a fairy princess. Normally I would have laughed a little at the fact an eight-year-old girl had forced her sixteen-year-old brother to dress like a fairy, but right now I wasn't in the laughing sort of mood.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Elinn and I have somewhere we need to be right now. I'm sure you can have another tea party sometime that can last a little longer, just not today." I say and Annelise's face drops a little.

"It's okay Alpha, Luna will come back soon and we can have a sleepover and watch movies!" Anna suggests as she throws her small arms around my mate's neck.

"I am willing to try whatever you want my friend. I will see you and Sir Fluffles another time, bye!" Elinn reassures her young friend and walks over to Corbin.

"Thank you," She says pulling him into a tight hug. I knew she didn't just mean for joining the girls while they played. She was also thanking him for what he did in the library earlier this evening. I glanced at my watch realizing it had only been an hour and a half since we left dinner.

Elinn released her death grip on Corbin and finally walked over to me. I reached out to take her hand but she pulled back. That small action cut deep into my heart, she was refusing my touch. Elinn was still very particular about who she let touch her and having that right taken away was heartbreaking.

I walked in front of my mate leading us towards the front door. As we reached the sitting room Chad stood and reached out a hand to shake mine. I grabbed his hand and held it tightly a sign that I trusted him and knew he wasn't going to tell anyone about what he had seen tonight.

"You will figure this out Alpha. I believe that everything will turn out okay in the end, maybe not perfect, but okay." Chad mind linked me as he let go of my hand and turned to face Elinn.

"It was a pleasure having you in my home Luna. Thank you for playing with the kids, you have no idea how much they adore you. Especially, Annelise, I think she would follow you around all day if you let her. Come back anytime," This brought a small smile to Elinn's face and she looked down embarrassed.

I opened the door and Elinn moved past me. She took great care to make sure that she didn't touch me in any way and it frustrated my wolf. What had we done to make her so upset? I realize that she didn't believe that her wolf was doing what we said it was, but where did she think her memory gaps came from?

We walked down the hall in silence for a few minutes, Elinn following where I lead. As I passed our rooms Elinn stopped and glanced from her door to me. I gestured for her to continue walking with me, but she shook her head in refusal.

"What is it Elinn? Why won't you come with me? Why are you mad at me, and don't say you're not because it is very obvious to me that you are." I demanded crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"You haven't told me where we're going. I don't want to go until you tell me what we're doing, and I am mad at you. You lied to me and told me that my wolf was coming out and acting strange and she hasn't been. I asked her and she denied it, why would you lie to me?" Elinn asked and I could see the hurt in her eyes.

"I haven't lied to you Elinn! Your wolf has been manifesting herself more and more lately and it hasn't been pleasant. She has been threatening you and it isn't something I appreciate all that much. I don't know why you can't remember or why your wolf is denying it, I just..... I don't want you to get hurt." I confess running my hands through my hair as I try to explain what's been going on.

"Look I think we both need some sleep, I was going to have us start training tonight, but now I think we both just need some rest. I want you up and ready to start training by eight, can you do that?" I ask her wearily as I make my way to my door.

"I'll see you tomorrow at eight," was all she said before she slipped into her bedroom. I sighed and walked into my own room carefully shutting the door behind me. I was too tired to change into my normal nightwear so I just stripped off my shirt and jeans and collapsed on the bed. Tomorrow was going to be interesting.

AN: Thank you all so much for being so supportive the last couple chapters I really appreciate it. You guys are some of the most positive people out there and I love seeing all the things you come up with. we just hit THREE HUNDRED TWENTY NINE THOUSAND VIEWS!! Thank you for making something like this possible. Right now we are 14 in Werewolf which is great! If you like the book share it or recommend it to people you know, I would love to hear from all of you about what you're thinking. Thanks again for all the love and support! Until next time, bye bye!