Chapter 69: Short

AN: Sorry this is so short, but I didn't think I would get anything done today. Had to go to the doctor so here you go! Until next time, bye bye!

Elinn

I was so emotional right now and I was so glad that I got to hear from my Dad. I couldn't remember most of my life as a child and being able to hear about it was nice. It was kinda strange though because I had no idea if I had actually done these things. However, I knew that my father wouldn't lie about something like this and I trusted him.

"I know that you are all very shocked right now, that is perfectly understandable. You are probably wondering how all of this happened and I promise that I will tell you that story in just a minute. Before I start though I think we need to establish some ground rules." Carter began gaining the guests attention who had been busy talking about the surprising news.

"This story can have a lot of not so child friendly moments. If you have younger children with you we do have a room set up for them to wait in. They will be watched over by some of the teenage girls from my pack. If you would like for them to leave they can meet the girls by the western doors." Parents lead their children towards the doors while others seemed to be talking to their children about what might be discussed. Carter waited for the children to leave and everyone to take their seats before he began again.

"Second thing that I wished to discuss with you guys is going to be volume. I understand that certain parts of this story elliciate reaction from people, that is to be expected. Please try and keep your wolves as contained as possible, and if you know that you aren't going to control it please make your way outside. I know that this is can be upsetting and no one is going to judge you for leaving, no matter the reason.

Finally, I would ask that you guys not try and swarm my mate when all of this is done. You must know that she isn't a fan of big crowds and you are all pretty intimidating right now. If she is comfortable we will come down and talk to you all after this, but if not then we are gonna leave. Please do not try to follow us or shout things at us, you are all mature people and I trust you to act appropriately." Carter ended the instructions looking intently at the crowd before us.

"My brother Nathan and I have always been close ever since we were little. When I got old enough to finally take over my fathers Alpha position Nate became my Delta. He has been my rock and was actually the one who started all of this.

Nathan came to me with several concerns from pack members. Some had been to the Shadow Mountain pack and sensed that something was off with them. He wanted my permission to go check it out and I decided to let him.

So he went but didn't tell anyone what pack he was from or who he was related to. He wanted them to see him as a potential ally, then they would be more likely to show him things. He gathered what he needed and told me that he would be gone for five days while he worked everything out. I wasn't sure about what was going to happen when he left but I know Nate can take care of himself so I wasn't to worried.

For the next five days I had not contact with my brother whatsoever. We turned off our mindlink so we wouldn't distract each other and I didn't even know my brother was home until he came up to my office. The look on his face immediately told me that something was wrong." Nathan was staring intently at his brother from where he sat at one of the front table. He hadn't been seated at the front table because Carter's parents had been seated next to us instead.

"He told me about the things he had seen while he was on the pack grounds. There was no respect for anyone and especially not for visiting authorities. No one cared about any other people in the pack unless they were working together to get ahead. The only people they showed an ounce of respect to was their Alpha and Beta.

Nate told me about the state of some of the pack members and I just didn't know what to say. The women were treated as though they were less than the men simply because they were women. The kids were treated like tiny slaves constantly having to do all the work for the pack.

The last thing he told me was the one that made him the most upset. There was a girl who had been tasked with making dinner when he had been invited to dine with the Alpha. She had been waiting by the door as if she were a dog waiting for her owner.

The Alpha treated her as though she was a pet, his personal plaything. There was another man joining them for dinner and he asked the Alpha if he could "borrow her sometime". Instead of telling him that was a crazy idea he simply told the other man that "they could make arrangements after dinner." The girl didn't even act like this was an uncommon thing, as though things like this happened all the time." The crowd began to murmur probably wondering how this all connected to me. Dad pulled me closer to him reminding me that he had never heard this story before.

"Before they even started to really eat their dinner the Alpha called the girl over. He asked her what was wrong with the meal and she told him that it wasn't steak and wasn't nice enough for a dinner with guests. The girl apologized even though she had made a perfectly good dinner. They proceed to then beat her until she was unconscious for her 'mistake'." I turned to look at carter and he was looking right at me as he talked. I noticed the look he was giving me and realized he was asking for my permission to continue. He gave me a small smile and taking a breath continued.